need a good shop in snj

This is a discussion on need a good shop in snj within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; i just bought a 06 wrx wagon and am lookin for a good shop to buy parts or help me ...

Smile need a good shop in snj

i just bought a 06 wrx wagon and am lookin for a good shop to buy parts or help me make more hp out my wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by deadbeatdude View Post
    i just bought a 06 wrx wagon and am lookin for a good shop to buy parts or help me make more hp out my wagon
    Precision Tuning, Brick, New Jersey

precisiontuning.com

Banned
    Parts: King of Parts in Doylestown, PA is solid for OEM, SPT, STI, and some aftermarket goodies.

JSC Speed in Ivyland, PA is solid for other aftermarket toys.

As far as installs, I like Precision in Brick, NJ.*

These guys aren't exactly S. NJ but they are all within a reasonable drive.

Edit
    *posted just after Redline927.
    Precision's rep is solid :-p

what do you think i should do. i'm looking to get about 300 to 320 in my wagon without going overboard with mods.. i was thinking larger intercooler, spt intake, spt cat back, and not sure what else i can do, don't know too much about turbos to jump into something like that with professional help

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deadbeatdude View Post
    what do you think i should do. i'm looking to get about 300 to 320 in my wagon without going overboard with mods.. i was thinking larger intercooler, spt intake, spt cat back, and not sure what else i can do, don't know too much about turbos to jump into something like that with professional help
    I recommend a lot of reading on this site and NASIOC.

300-320 isn't all that hard with an 06 wagon.

STi intercooler or ebay intercooler + 20G turbo + turbo-back exhaust + getting your car tuned should get you right around 300WHP. Check the for sale threads too. There's always someone selling exhausts and STi intercoolers.

First thing you need to decide on is engine management, tho. Do a lot of reading. Read up on turbo swaps, boost creep, downpipes, and the WRX manual transmission. The answers are on here.

2 things you don't need are a blow off valve (BOV) and an intake. BOV's make your car unhappy. Very few intakes will actually get you any increase in hp. Cobb and SPT are nice units, don't make much power, but don't really screw anything up.

Good luck and welcome aboard~!

thanks for all the helpand info. hope to see yall around

Precision Tuning is the best place to have service done. It is well woth the drive from any state that is remotely close to NJ.

300-320 can be done relatively cheap on an 06. Look into a vf-39 swap and the usual exhaust and fuel mods. Vf-39s can be had for really really cheap as they are stock on the STi's and guys are replacing them left and right with bigger units. With a proper setup and tune, you could be looking at 300-320whp and a mountain of torque.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."