Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (6/2-6/3) - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (6/2-6/3) within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I'm planning on going up too. I'm lucky enough to have in-laws that own a camp right in the midst ...

I'm planning on going up too. I'm lucky enough to have in-laws that own a camp right in the midst of the rally, so I'll be staying there. I'm looking forward to it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just to re-validate everything from my end...I am going up thursday...camping at my own land. Going to have a "get together" there possibly, if anyone is interested...let me know. It will be about 20 minutes from SF CampGround.

I seen some of the muddy photos posted here from previous years. I have rotas with toyo proxies 4 and i was wondering if they will be ok in deeper mud like the pic below. I also have a set of stockers with blizzaks that i could throw on for the weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails silverroad.jpg  
    Blobeye Syndicate #26

'05 2.0l WRX, 245awhp, 243awtq. Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by lonedw86 View Post
    I seen some of the muddy photos posted here from previous years. I have rotas with toyo proxies 4 and i was wondering if they will be ok in deeper mud like the pic below. I also have a set of stockers with blizzaks that i could throw on for the weekend.
    I have almost bald RE92s so this could be a problem for me too

is this what we will be driving on or will it be paved roads
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

I went up last year but I did not attend any stages. I traveled paved roads, from the campsite to the town. I was just wondering what to expect also.
    Blobeye Syndicate #26

If you are spectating & want to venture to any of the designated spectator locations or if you volunteer as a course marshall you will be driving on the same roads that the rally takes place on. Depending on the weather these range from dirt / loose gravel, rocks to a complete muddy mess. The dirt roads have a very slippery gooey consistency then they get wet. The locals & crews refer to it as "EEL SNOT"...I can see why.

Also as a spectator it's not always easy to find places to park at the designated areas. There are no parking lots in the woods - sometimes you have to be a bit more creative when trying to find a spot - I.E. off roading / woodsing it...

If you have all seasons / winter tires it's a good idea to put them on. I have driven the course stages with 18's and 40 series profiles before and I can tell you it does not make for alot of fun...Also many of the road's rocks are sharp and jagged and can easily puncture low profile street performance sidewalls / tires...Saves you on stone chips & other damage on your nice wheels as well...

Have fun be safe...

thanks nightshade. I think i'm going to paint my stockers black and throw them on.
    Blobeye Syndicate #26

I'm actually quite nervous about the roads in that area myself. I have my autox racing suspension on right now with RT-615 tires. NOT a good setup for anything shown above.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

My '02 wagon has Tein H's & KYB adjustables - even set on a relatively still setting the ride was not too bad on even some of the worst areas. Your tire selection is the biggest factor...

being native to the area, and knowing the roads, I would say run stock rims(or winter wheels) with a factory sidewall size (or larger, if thats your thing). I normally run a set of snows to and from stage, this year I am running medium compound Michelin gravel tires (from my cousins rally car). I hope that it doesnt rain this year, for spectating sake, butif it does, prepare for the worst in preparing yourself, and your subie!

I just painted my stockers graphite, sorry but i didnt take any pics. Westy did you get your subaru finished, if so i will be over at wnl on the 25th to check it out.
    Blobeye Syndicate #26

Not yet...I am told that the bodyshop will have it done next weekend, so that gives me nights only to get it all ready for rally weekend...not looking good so far. Ill call you or message you here if it gets done soon though!

sounds good. I hope it gets finished.
    Blobeye Syndicate #26

I wanted to make it out to this rally but my dad is taking me to the busch race on the 2nd so it looks like i cant come . But thanks to both of you for the generous offer
    Wheel Painting Guide
    Bugeye Mafia Mbr #86 Takin it to da matresses.....

Kennett Fire Company No. 1 Station 24

my clutch just went on the way home from the meet I organized today so we'll see if I get it replaced in time, if not I might need to bum a ride with Robman
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works