A Thread. - Page 53
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354 LastLast

This is a discussion on A Thread. within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by elwray Don't sell the motorcycle! (what motorcycle?) The snow will melt, I promise! Just saw this... Well, ...

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Don't sell the motorcycle! (what motorcycle?) The snow will melt, I promise!
    Just saw this...

Well, I didn't get all the use out of it last season like I wanted, so I figured the same thing will happen this season considering I'm gonna be all over the place. I will get another one in a year or so.

I currently have a 2003 Honda CB900F, otherwise known commonly as the 919, or Hornet in Europe. AWESOME bike...so much fun, plenty of power, naked streetfighter design, power of a CBR900rr, and still light enough to handle awesome twisties. Great bike...but my heart lies with an STI, so that's my goal right now.

Since I put it up on Craigslist on Monday...I've had about 15 calls on it from people from MD up to NYC saying they have been searching specifically for a Honda 919 and that mine is the best looking one they've seen...I never realized how much of a sought after bike it really is! People who want one, know exactly what they want and what they are getting!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Just saw this...

Well, I didn't get all the use out of it last season like I wanted, so I figured the same thing will happen this season considering I'm gonna be all over the place. I will get another one in a year or so.

I currently have a 2003 Honda CB900F, otherwise known commonly as the 919, or Hornet in Europe. AWESOME bike...so much fun, plenty of power, naked streetfighter design, power of a CBR900rr, and still light enough to handle awesome twisties. Great bike...but my heart lies with an STI, so that's my goal right now.

Since I put it up on Craigslist on Monday...I've had about 15 calls on it from people from MD up to NYC saying they have been searching specifically for a Honda 919 and that mine is the best looking one they've seen...I never realized how much of a sought after bike it really is! People who want one, know exactly what they want and what they are getting!
    Well, it is a gorgeous bike! Good luck with the sale!
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

I Support ClubWRX
    So my Laptop died... I now have a new Desktop. So thankfully Im back

Now to get the data off the dead lappy.
    2011 Black STI Sedan "Shadow"
    RIP Colin McRae
    http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p418/kazevelara/
    Stink-Eye Mob #43
    "Trust in The Armin"

What did you get?
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Well, it is a gorgeous bike! Good luck with the sale!
    Thanks! I sold it last Thursday, during the damn snowstorm! Dude came up from DE to throw it in the back of his truck...which was quite difficult for us to do considering it was Snowicaning. But I was happy with the $3500 cash in $20s
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Thanks! I sold it last Thursday, during the damn snowstorm! Dude came up from DE to throw it in the back of his truck...which was quite difficult for us to do considering it was Snowicaning. But I was happy with the $3500 cash in $20s
    Awesome!
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

I Support ClubWRX
    What did you get?
    An Acer Aspire with 6G of ram and a TB HD, and a Dell Mini for Open Source. Loving the desktop!
    RIP Colin McRae
    Stink-Eye Mob #43
    "Trust in The Armin"

Quote Originally Posted by KazeVelara View Post
    An Acer Aspire with 6G of ram and a TB HD, and a Dell Mini for Open Source. Loving the desktop!
    Netbooks seem like they are ideal for tuning! Can't do that with an IPAD!!!

The ipad doesn't have a USB port on it?

That bike looked pretty schweet. I don't know a dammmm thing about bikes, but hope to get my motorcycle drivers license this spring/summer. I can't think of a better way of enjoying the open road (if you can find it).
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentH View Post

That bike looked pretty schweet. I don't know a dammmm thing about bikes, but hope to get my motorcycle drivers license this spring/summer. I can't think of a better way of enjoying the open road (if you can find it).
    Have you ever ridden a street bike before?

If not, I highly suggest you take one of the MSF courses. I found it tremendously helpful and built my confidence to ride safely.

Just take the motorcycle permit test (just written test), and sign up for the course. If you pass the course (I think a monkey with a helmet could pass the course, as long as you dont goof around!) they endorse your permit so you can trade it in for a MC license. No road test required.

EDIT: I just assumed you live in NJ.... I guess you might not. I'm sure it's a similar situation in other states as well.
    Last edited by elwray; 03-16-2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: duh!
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by AgentH View Post

From everything I've seen, no USB. It plugs into a computer with the IPod cable like all other IPods. Kind of redundant if you ask me...

Yeah thanks man...it was a great bike. It was lots of fun. Ton of power and handled VERY well. But yeah, having a bike through the summer is awesome, but it can get hot and a little uncomfortable if you're not ready for it or used to it on long hot days. I figured I'm gonna spend most weekends parked at my shorehouse anyway, so I can do without it this summer.

Have you ever ridden a street bike before?

If not, I highly suggest you take one of the MSF courses. I found it tremendously helpful and built my confidence to ride safely.

Just take the motorcycle permit test (just written test), and sign up for the course. If you pass the course (I think a monkey with a helmet could pass the course, as long as you dont goof around!) they endorse your permit so you can trade it in for a MC license. No road test required.

EDIT: I just assumed you live in NJ.... I guess you might not. I'm sure it's a similar situation in other states as well.
    The MSF course was probably the greatest $200 I ever spent. Every bit of it was worth it. You "learn" to ride, but you learn to ride safely. You learn awareness of everything, especially others around you. And like EL above said, you pass the course and can walk into a DMV with a waiver to not take the road test and you get your MC endorsement on the spot.

However, I advise you to begin learning about bikes all you can and definitely pick up a manual to take the permit test. It was easy, but the more knowledge you bring into the course, the better. The more you know about safety gear, signals, parts of the bike (different styles will have different parts, even though they all operate "basically" the same)...

Best thing is, girls LOVE bikes AND your gas mileage and parking abilities are soooo much better

It'll make you a better driver, too. The best thing they drill into you is awareness.
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

I Support ClubWRX
    Ahh another fun day... Cant wait till the weekend, I have to do some adjustments on the new sway and sprngs (Stupid clunk from the sway...)... and the hella supers, the boost gauge and harnesses needa go in.. which brings me to a question i have for anyone in here....

Im looking for a place that sells the Crutch straps to make my 4 point Sparco's to 5-6 point. Anyone know anywhere? Online as well... Every place Ive checked is out of country... Shipping = Ugh.
    RIP Colin McRae
    Stink-Eye Mob #43
    "Trust in The Armin"

It'll make you a better driver, too. The best thing they drill into you is awareness.
    Big +1 on that...

When I drive my "Cage" (as motorcyclists call cars ) I am always as courteous and as aware of motorcycles as can be. Biggest thing is, do NOT tailgate a biker. I will move over and kick the **** out of a door panel if you insist on tailgating. Most dangerous thing ever.

But of course there are those asshat guys on motorcycles who insist on riding like jackasses and do serious car splitting in fast moving traffic...and those who don't wear the proper gear (boots, jeans, jacket, gloves, and especially helmet)...we call them squids

Pts.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 03-19-2010 at 03:36 PM.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.