Subaru WRX Forum banner

A Thread.

44K views 801 replies 32 participants last post by  Mikie13 
#1 ·
#665 ·
I'm also sorry to see him go. Had alot of fun on the Antracite Blitz and Sloppy Beef Meat with him. Hopefully he still attends the meets although he did set up the antracite blitz meet and we were gonna have another soon. So someone else is gonna have to step up now lol

#683 ·
I just saw another one of those orange colored GTIs yesterday. I think someone has one that lives around here. That color is growing on me!

In other news, anyone else sick of all this rain??? :mad: I heard recently that we have had THREE days without rain so far this June.

We opened the pool just after Memorial Day, and I had it spotless for a week, as I usually keep it, but haven't been able to do anything other than throw chlorine tabs in since then. It'll probably finally overflow today, and it's full of leaves and sticks and getting algae. :unhappy:

My motorcycle is sitting in the garage collecting dust. I'm getting ready to throw some of the winterizing chemicals in the tank since I haven't ridden it in so long! :sadwave:

The only positive is for the plants... my lawn looks better than it ever has this time of year, the flowers are doing great, and my hops are starting to REALLY take off (planted them late April, this is their first year).

Hopefully we start getting some sunshine already!

#685 · (Edited)
Believe it or not we could still use more rain, although this is an improvement over a month or two ago.

THE READING PA CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR JUNE 22 2009...
VALID TODAY AS OF 0500 PM LOCAL TIME.

CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD 1971 TO 2000
CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD 1869 TO 2009

WEATHER ITEM OBSERVED TIME RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST
VALUE (LST) VALUE VALUE FROM YEAR
NORMAL
TEMPERATURE (F)
TODAY
MAXIMUM 82 327 PM 96 1921 81 1 87
MINIMUM 66 508 AM 47 1992 62 4 68
AVERAGE 74 72 2 78

PRECIPITATION (IN)
TODAY 0.00 2.90 2001 0.14 -0.14 T
MONTH TO DATE 5.22 3.24 1.98 1.92
SINCE JUN 1 5.22 3.24 1.98 1.92
SINCE JAN 1 16.80 21.53 -4.73 19.04

#689 ·
Angry that this happened, but happy that it finally did. I no longer feel like I'm driving a ticking time bomb.

From the number of July/August 2008 builds that are failing, it's just a matter of time before they all go. Every day it was in the back of my mind "could it be today?"

Other than that relief though, I can't say I'm happy that my brand new car needs a new engine... but hey, it could have been something like the brakes, so all in all it's not that big of a deal -- nobody got hurt. This's what the warranty is for.

So far SOA has been pretty cooperative with the whole situation. Within two hours of them calling me with the problem, the SOA rep had approved a new long block.

I called SOA corporate to initiate a claim order/reference number/service tag or whatever they call it insisting on a new turbo and Gold Plus Extended Warranty in addition to the long block. The fellow from SOA I was talking to was surprisingly pleasant to deal with.

He said he would call the service department at the dealership and keep me updated as to the progress. Surprisingly, he actually called me back when he got the official word that the long block was on order.

He said that the service department hadn't yet opened up the turbo to determine if a new one is necessary, but I am insisting on one due to the shared oil.

Plus the extended warranty of course due to diminished resale value.

#691 ·
Just got a call at 9am from the SOA rep I've been dealing with. Said he spoke to the folks in service and the "turbo shaft had some play in it" so they're replacing it.

Basically now, it's just a matter of trying to get the extended warranty applied. The "important" stuff is taken care of (Long block and turbo) so that's pretty relieving.

Again, so far dealing with SOA has been a very positive experience. The rep has actually kept me in the loop with what's going on -- wasn't expecting calls at all. They seem genuinely interested in making things right.

#704 ·
Got my Tactrix OpenPort2.0 cable yesterday... let the datalogging begin!! Going to pick up an AEM cold air intake and get the XPT stage 1 w/ AEM intake map as soon as it's available for the 09's....

All this datalogging seems kind of heavy at first, but it's also cool to see what the car is thinking about while I'm driving.

Also, Happy to hear things went well devilfluff!

#706 ·
I had a typhoon on for about a month... loved the sound SO much... but it didn't run great with that and the Cobb CBE so I sold it.

XPT is only developing an intake stage 1 map to work with the AEM, not the Typhoon so I'm kind of leaning that way because of that.

#709 ·
I guess I had scared everyone off!! Well, in an effort to do it again:

I decided that I missed the sound of the Typhoon, so I bought another one... hopefully it'll be here sometime this week. Over at the 3gwrx board, there's a member who started an OS tuning company called "Torqued Performance". I did some alpha and beta testing for him to develop stage 1 OTS maps, which have now been finalized and are for sale.

He also has maps to work with the K&N Typhoon and the Turbox XS intake. So I'll be running a tune with the K&N this time and I expect it'll run much better.

How's everyone elses winters going so far??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.