NYC Rice Races

This is a discussion on NYC Rice Races within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; On the way out of the car wash in Queens tonight, I almost got smacked by two ricers racing down ...

NYC Rice Races

On the way out of the car wash in Queens tonight, I almost got smacked by two ricers racing down 39th street. There was a VW Golf and some sort of Hyundai or Civic (what's the difference?). Anyway, they were going about 70 down a small street and had to swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid me. They both ran the red light into Queens Boulevard (a.k.a. The Boulevard of Death). F'ing pissed me off. Why can't the city saction nice open four lane roads for this kind of thing, so that people don't feel the need to do it on any street that doesn't seem to have a cop prowling?

Now I know that I do my fair share of messing around, but there are limits. The main one is that it is physically impossible to have a race on a single lane road. There are also reasonable stopping distances that need to be adhered to. A yellow light that is about to turn red is not an adequate finish line. In any case, I feel like going to slash some Civic hatchback tires in my neighborhood. I'm sure there are about six just on my block. If I wait a few minutes, I'll hear one farting by as it's delivering some food. Maybe I can hit it with my slingshot.

From the point of view of someone who doesn't just make fun of the occasional ricer, but has to deal with hordes of them day in and day out, I'm F'ing sick of them. I know that the owners of these things are proud to have the best car that they can afford, but are they oblivious to the fact that their exhausts are waking me up at night, and not even making their cars go faster? Is it not obvious that a gigantic wing on a Plymouth Breeze is just retarded? To each his own my ass, people have no taste in this city, and it's making me sick.

Don't move this to the B.O.V. forum. Let's hear what my fellow New Yorkers think.

P.S. Nobody is going to steal the sh!tbox car outside that has the Viper alarm system, and I'm not scared when it orders every car that drives by to stand back.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!
    It must've really pissed you off! Not a single Ebonic in your entire long post. A first!

Well, here in Brooklyn, it's all about flossin' the bling bling SUV. You know the kind with chrome dubs, spinning wheels, and LOUD-A$$ speakers! It's unbelievable how fast they get driven. Especially around corners with complete disregard for pedestrians. And you know full well those SUVs will be unable to manuever around people in crosswalks.

My biggest NYC peeve are people who crawl up on the shoulder, passing a whole line of cars, at the red light. Then they take off just before the light changes and cut you off before it reaches parked cars on the other side of the intersection. I've nearly perfected my stealth launch technique on those fools.

As far as I can tell, Ocean Parkway is the home of the Bling Bling SUV's, rollin' on dubs. It's also the home of Jewish people driving minivans, but they coexist peacefully.

Bedabs, your pet peeve is my specialty. I know the width of my car to the millimeter, and can squeeze it through spaces that you where you would think that a bike would get stuck.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Originally posted by Bask Oner
    Bedabs, your pet peeve is my specialty. I know the width of my car to the millimeter, and can squeeze it through spaces that you where you would think that a bike would get stuck.
    Well then it's a good thing you have no real performance mods!

Damn ricer!

Hey, think you can make it down to Atco Raceway on Sunday? Some of us will be there. Should be fun. Only $15.