Subaru WRX Forum banner

Tri-State Spotted thread!!!

202K views 1K replies 261 participants last post by  Mummra 
#1 ·
I saw about 20 Subarus at a bar yesterday. Go figure.

#1,230 ·
Well I just read the previous messages and I see a whole punch from north jersey. Does anyone wanna meet up tomorrow morning and drive down as a group to an event held by Procom in Toms River. There will be $40 dynos, food drinks and music. It's gonna be a great turnout. Lots of subarus. Who's down?

#1,235 ·
I saw 4 WRXs on my short ~9 mile commute home. Most unusual. All 2008+
Got 2 waves, missed my chance on the first, the last was a 2015. Not so much as a look over my way. Seems to be a trend with the new owners.

#1,238 ·
It's definitely a common thing that the 15+ owners don't wave.
I have encountered 4 in recent weeks, not a wave from any of them.
I even beeped and yelled still nothing.
SD and GR bodies always wave.
My guess is we have converted so many people to the WRXs they just don't know the proper way to say hello.

#1,240 ·
Sasquatch lives in the woods.
Everybody knows that lol.
His WRX is literally in a bat cave.

#1,245 ·
I think it has a lot to do with the new year. Most people who haven't had a subie are unsure as to why all these creepy men are waving at them. The guys are like "why these dudes waving at me" The girls are like "why these creepy dudes want." But I usually never get a wave back, no matter what year.

It reminds me when I was involved in the jeep community. 06 and below always waved. 07 up (jk) did not. Just had to do with warming up to the community.

#1,250 ·
i pass a WRB 2015 wrx every day leaving work (Columbia University Medical Center) on Fort Washington.. Walk right past the car. And I know they went to WBM by the license plate frames! If you're on here.. I might be moving into the neighborhood soon, even though I spend most of my life here at work anyways..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.