Subaru WRX Forum banner

Please vote for EVERY date you could attend!

ICY/Phoenix Racing Meet!! March 11th 2007! Check it out!

18K views 256 replies 33 participants last post by  lonedw86 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Come and enjoy an afternoon at Phoenix Performance Race Shop!
Meet will be March 11th! We will meet at Phoenix at noon.

Hey everyone, I have setup a meet to go over and tour Phoenix Racing's shop. For those of you that don't know, Phoenix Racing builds STi's to compete in SCCA's T2 racing class for the ICY/Phoenix Racing Team. They have had much success winning back to back the last two years.

Info:
  • We are invited over at noon on March 11th for a tour of the race shop with lunch provided by Phoenix.
  • Food and beverages will be provide, food has yet to be determined. It will be most likely a few cold cut platters from Subway and snacks.
  • Phoenix has also expressed interest in providing give-aways and a raffle for attendees. (More info to follow)
  • The AWD Dyno is scheduled to be open. The price is set at $70 for 5 pulls, no more than 20 car though.
  • The race cars will also be on display for people to fondle and look at.
I think this is a great opportunity for our Subaru community to get out and see first hand what a professional race shop is doing to better our beloved Subaru's.

This is guaranteed to be a fun day!

481 Schuylkill Road,
Phoenixville, PA 19460-5200
( at intersection of routes 23 & 724 )

Attendees:
1. wrx wagone :wiggles:
2. Weasel 555
:wiggles:
3. vez :wiggles:
4. bkotzman00 :sadwave:
5. 04.SPT.WRX :wiggles:
6. Murray :wiggles:
7. blackzwrx :wiggles:
8. lonedw86 :wiggles:
9. Mikie13 :sadwave:
10. Spikbeatz
11. robman7835 :wiggles:
12. boostin05blacks :wiggles:
13. WhiteRex2004 :wiggles:
14. s0t6i & friends :wiggles:
15. westy2005 :wiggles:
16. mbs627 :wiggles:
17. kingofparts :sadwave:
18. ray@trubotek (TST)
19. dm06sti (TST) :wiggles:
20. AbbySTi (nasioc) :wiggles:
21. Saab90089 (nasioc) :wiggles:
22. micah :wiggles:
Furious George :wiggles:
24. SubyPsycho :wiggles: A friend, former co-worker and inactive member who I will nag into showing up :D
25. C'DALERIDER (TST) :wiggles:
26. InfiniteMotors (TST) :wiggles:
27. AspWhtRex04 :wiggles:
28. mikehoyer :wiggles:
29. BlueBomber06 :wiggles:

Teh Dyno List:
5 pulls for $75 - limited to the first 20 people.
(If you are not on this list you're not going on the dyno! PM me to get added.)

lonedw86
2. Vez
3. blackzwrx
4. Furious George
5. 04.SPT.WRX (maybe)
6. mikehoyer

See less See more
#42 ·
Hey, how cool would it be if we stop off at SOA in Cherry Hill 1st, took some pics then wen to ICY?

#47 ·
I believe the first page did say March 11th is what the guys at ICY/Phoenix Racing want the date to be...What I am unsure of and haven't heard/seen yet...is the time of this meet...

#48 ·
Noon...according to the shop. and food will be provided, most snack sandwhiches from a local supermarket, but this is still being decided by the higher-ups at ICY/Phoenix.

this is most convenient for them/everyone else. it may not work out for everyone, but it should be fine for most.

#63 ·
Hey guys, What's up?

This is Jay from the ICY/Phoenix race team. I just wanna come back on here and re-introduce myself. I haven't been on the forums for quite some time now and what better time than now to do it :thumbup: . I just wanna welcome out anyone and everyone to wander around the shop, look at all of the amazing Subies showing up as well as ours, watch some Dyno runs (if there is interest in running car) and just hang out. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and not dump anymore of the cold white stuff on us. Barring any strange weather, there should be more than enough parking. Food and beverages will be provided as well as some giveaways. More detail are still to come, keep an eye on the post for more details in a few days. Thanks again!

#65 ·
I very much want to get in on the dyno. I never had my car on one, and I just flashed xpt stage2 about 700miles ago and want to see what it does. Also may I suggest that for the dyno, that 2 people split the 5 pulls for 70 bucks. Since there will be no tuning, 5 pulls seems like a lot. I know that I will be asking someone that I have met before to split the 70 bucks/5pulls with me.

This sound awesome, I am very excited and I will have my WRX this time, god forbid some unexpected disaster. I do have bad luck, maybe I shouldn't drive my car untill then. No S2k this time:screwy:

Is there going to be a list of who gets on the dyno? And if so, how would it be decided. <this is where a mod steps in and takes over>:thumbup:

See ya guys there:thumbup:

P.S. Thank you sweet baby jesus, for bringing the "club" back to life:rotfl:

#66 ·
I agree. I think the majority of people want to put their car on the dyno "just to see what it can do". However, switching cars takes some time, so splitting 5 pulls between 2 cars would be very time consuming. I would suggest instead that the # of pulls be dropped to 2-3.

I know personally that after a few pulls, I am not going to want to keep running the car on the dyno unless someone is changing some parameters on my ecutek tune.

#71 ·
Da Kaaaang will be attending

Hey Everyone,

I will be at this meet as well :thumbup:
I will also be on the dyno :)

Is anyone meeting up by The King of Parts Country and cruising down?

I will also be offering free shipping on parts as usual :)rolleyes: )

So if you need me to bring something please pm me! :whoa:

thanks
tristan~

#73 ·
Hey Everyone,

I will be at this meet as well :thumbup:
I will also be on the dyno :)
I will also be offering free shipping on parts as usual :)rolleyes: )
So if you need me to bring something please pm me! :whoa:

thanks
tristan~
Hmmm... maybe we can have a stock intake dyno pull, a with SPT intake dyno pull and a with SPT intake and sheild dyno pull?

Wha chu think?

#76 ·
I'm interested in getting on the dyno....splitting a run or just getting 2-3 pulls would be cool. The only mod I have is a ST shifter so I wanted to see a stock baseline before I start doing any mods. In addition, I had the 07 reflash done so if there's anyone that hasn't done it yet, we could compare and contrast. :)

#77 ·
I have one question about the dyno? I have my stock wheels on for winter, but i have my 18 inch rotas for summer. Which wheels should i dyno the car with?

also i have a perrin short ram laying in my toolbox. Should i leave it off, put it on, or bring it a long and maybe they can do a pull with it on?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.