ClubWRX NJ Meet: Jan 12 9:00 PM Freehold Mall - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on ClubWRX NJ Meet: Jan 12 9:00 PM Freehold Mall within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Its going to be OK. Now I would go to court and fight every ticket for entrapment. Also, almost every ...

Its going to be OK. Now I would go to court and fight every ticket for entrapment.
    Also, almost every cop in freehold has a dodge. I work where they bring there Dodge's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Freehold High School recently had 3 seniors die from street racing. At least this is what a friend of mine posted on myspace the other day. I asked her about it, and she said she knew them - so, I dunno.

I guess that might be part of why the cops were being ****s. The first thing the cop said at the mall was "When does the race start?". It was funny watching from a 25 foot distance because everyone swarmed in on the guy - and then he went to his car and more cars started showing up.

I was thinking - why don't we setup smaller meets? Atco raceway can be rented out for the day, and it doesn't cost all that much as I recall. I believe they have pricing for 10 cars($1500) and for 15($2000) cars. Yes, I know $133 sounds like alot, but think of it this way. You take a day off work - go to the track, run your car all you like because there are only 15 of us there from 9:30am to 4:30pm. It's safe, and legit. No issues with Johnny Law.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

$133 for a whole day on the track? I'd do it. But then again, that's something that can only be done a couple times and not every month or so like a normal meet.

We just need to find a better spot. That's all.
    2006 WRX TR

im pretty sure u can get atco for cheaper if more people show up and you make a deal with the guy

the situation with the car crash is 3 kids from freehold highschool were in a brand new caddiac cts that his parents bought him for his 17th birthday they were traveling down Kosloski road, literally 10 minutes after school at a high rate of speed probably somewhere between 70-100 mph, the driver was 17 and had 2 other kids in the car, against the law, he proceded to lose control of the car because of his execissive speed, hit a minivan, killed the driver and there car proceded to roll somewhere between 5-10 times, the car then burst into flames, killing them all somewhere in that 10 seconds or so

what i posted on nasioc

Quote Originally Posted by TheDocta View Post
    i think that it was good that we left when we did, i bet they would have boxed us all in and wrote us all fix it tickets, there were more cops than normal there after the mall was closed. so i think that a lot of people got out of trouble for that reason. I dont think that it was really the malls or the locations fault. It was bad timing. we have had a million meets there before and none of them ever ended like this. the cops have always been so cool about everything.

I think it was because the kids that died. They were going to use us as an example that they are out there really doing things to try and prevent it from happening again. what they dont realize is that were not rich little pricks who get brand new cars on our 17th birthday and dont know how to drive. They just wanted to use us as there wipping boy to make themselves look good.

After the fact with the tickets. I realized the cops had a lot more bark then bite, they yelled a whole **** load but really didnt do **** to my knowledge with the exclusion of the white evo and paul all the tickets handed out were only minor offenses. they could have been a lot worse

i think they just dont want us there right now because they want to make there town look perfect due to the accident. I would like to say im sorry for telling everyone to move. we have never had a problem with it before. but im glad that we got our cars started and were moving, i think they would have boxed the whole meet in. And to the starter of the meet, you did an awesome job, not your fault, the cops are ****s, nothing we can do about it, it has always been good in the past

and to everyone else. glad everyone made it out ok. Sucks about this meet, but theres always the next one. Like uncle lewie said, someone will set something up on public property soon. That way the cops cant do *****

Bill, they got you too man? and for a cracked windshield sorry to hear.

I thought you got away....and Paul, I thought you might have gotten arrested. you didnt answer your phone all night (learned later its broken?) I figured (knowing you) you may have done a little back talking LOL.

The way they pulled into that lot and locked up their brakes (one of them almost hitting me) reminded me of a Miami drug bust or something

Mike I never even saw u leave. Did u get out with no interference from the police? Ur def. right on the fact that the cops are really high strung after those kids died the other day. One cop even asked me if I had heard about the incident as if I was about to cause another one. I guess some of their concerns are warranted, however there are more professional ways to go about ur supposed "job". We need to fig. out a new place to meet, either that or I'll seriously call mall security and make this a monthly thing if it's ok with the mall. ...actually thats prob a bad idea, we'd all just get tickets driving home.
    -Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927 View Post
    Bill, they got you too man? and for a cracked windshield sorry to hear.

I thought you got away....and Paul, I thought you might have gotten arrested. you didnt answer your phone all night (learned later its broken?) I figured (knowing you) you may have done a little back talking LOL.

The way they pulled into that lot and locked up their brakes (one of them almost hitting me) reminded me of a Miami drug bust or something
    yea well I'll back talk when i know i can get away with it. When i hear a cop yell at u for a license plate bracket "obstructing" ur plates, and another yell at a kid for having a pack of ciggs. cause he's only 17 theres no way I'm trying to back talk anyone. It's all 'yes sir" n ****. haha. (o yea my phone is busted, otherwise i would've just left the mall to begin with and called u, having avoided the entire incident. I blame verizon for this!)

Damn Bill, that sux.
    Yea kinda Miami Vice style, although next time I'll pass on being there and just get it on dvd.
    -Paul

So let me get this right.. Everyone was at the mall hanging around and a bunch of cops came swarming in because they thought you guys were setting up a race.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyTRWRX View Post
    So let me get this right.. Everyone was at the mall hanging around and a bunch of cops came swarming in because they thought you guys were setting up a race.. ?
    i don't know their exact reasons, and they really weren't so inclined as to give us a good reason either.
    -Paul

The whole cop thing was Fing stupid.. my sister was the chick on the bike... she was waitin for them to try to arrest someone, she is about to be a lawyer and was waiting to fight with one of the cops for pulling something illegal.

My boy in the evo got a ticket for his tint... we jsut went to chilis and got food
    D@VID
    2002 F150 s-crew
    07R6/08ZX-10
    STILL Hawk Eye Alliance #31
    "your drive should not be to outdo others,but to outdo yourself"

Oh alright.

Damn thats lame :-/

cops suck!!! good to everyone there.. there was alot of nice cars. did anyone pics
    SQC-263

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Damn, that sucks. I hate when cops act like that. I can see they were pissed about the kid who died, but that wasn't necessarily street racing. It was some young dumbass just driving like a moron. It happens all the time.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

It was really cool having the meet! The cop that first came was real cool! But i live in Freehold and now how the cops can be! Wanted to know did anyone get any pics? I jetted out when we tried moving to the other parking lot for the photo.......little voice told me it was about to get crazy.
    Due to the accident cops having been patrolling hard in Freehold, seems those kids were actually racing. Who knows what they were thinking........the cops that is, but most of the attention was unwarranted, all cars were parked and no on was speeding around the mall, i left and made sure not to shift out of second.....in order to stay lower than 25mph.
    INFaRED"06" WRX STage 2
    Perrin Catless UP,Invidia Catted DP,
    COBB AP,Greedy EVO2
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #77"Where 06 & 07 Unite"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678