Looking for a Tuner in NJ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Looking for a Tuner in NJ within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I will be looking for a tuner once the stock wrx feeling wears away. I absolutely do not want to ...

Looking for a Tuner in NJ

I will be looking for a tuner once the stock wrx feeling wears away. I absolutely do not want to leave NJ because I live in the south area and am willing to drive to central, or slightly northern but no where near NY. PA isn't bad but not prefered either. Let me know where some of you NJ guys get you're stuff done, especially if you live in south jersey.

thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just spend some time on the forum and read. There is a lot of info. For starters i would check out this site http://cobbtuning.com/ . Sounds like stage one map might suit your needs for the short term.

oh and welcome to the site.

have you posted pics yet?

oh and for shops

precision tuning in brick NJ is great for installs and I believe they are getting a dyno.

for tuning I live in NJ as well and will probably either head to agile tuning in MD or xx tuning in CT.

I Support ClubWRX
    3 posts? Greetings and welcome!

Please go here to introduce yourself: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-member-hangout/

As mentioed above the Cobb AccessPORT would be a great start that you could build mods onto step by step.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    There is a new shop with a dyno opening near King of Prussia / Valley Forge soon:

Subaru STI 2005/2006 U.S.Champs shop in Phoenixville
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Oh my apologies, I haven't purchased the wrx yet, have to fix a few things on my lude before I sell it, got a nasty idle issue trying to sort out. Once thats done I will be looking for my wrx, found a nice 02 33k miles psm 5spd mint condition owned and all records for 16k That's what I'm shooting for.

I just wanted to know where I would need to go for specialized subaru and perfomance knowledge.

I'm used to my honda where I know a whole bunch of garage guys who really know they're swaps and tuning knowledge.

Thanks for the input, King of prussia isn't that bad of a drive, I went to MD this weekend for baltimore aquarium with the lady so I guess MD isn't that bad. But I'll look into Precision Tuning in brick, nj.

Thanks guys!

bump.. i also looking for a tuner around NJ and NY. I know there are alot of reputative shops in CT but its too far of a drive with the new setup w/o proper map.

I never seen it mentioned on here yet, but what about TurboTrix in Edison, NJ? They have a area for tuning Subaru's now, and they also have a STi they use for dragging. I have been visiting them eversince ~end of 2004-2005 and seem good to me, but don't know about their skills in the Subaru field as they have been dealing with DSM's longer. If you go up there though, tell Mike than Clinton said hi, OH! and say hi to Diesel for me [the gentle giant....and not human....really]

~Clinton

if your just on a base map and want to get tuned drive a little further to a reptuable shop instead of many your choices from a distance standpoint. i can see if you upgraded the turbo and dont want to chance it driving a long distance.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Clin10 View Post
    I never seen it mentioned on here yet, but what about TurboTrix in Edison, NJ? They have a area for tuning Subaru's now, and they also have a STi they use for dragging. I have been visiting them eversince ~end of 2004-2005 and seem good to me, but don't know about their skills in the Subaru field as they have been dealing with DSM's longer. If you go up there though, tell Mike than Clinton said hi, OH! and say hi to Diesel for me [the gentle giant....and not human....really]

~Clinton
    Dont have TurboTrix tune you. You wont be happy.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

what happened? did they mess up anyone's car? I only mentioned them because they are only like 5 miles away from me.

~Clinton

Most of the Subarus that go there end up with crappy tunes plus Ive seen one of their 'built' engines that had blown up and it was due to poor craftmanship.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

check out agile automotive in maryland, they are north of baltimore, about a 2 hour ride from trenton

i think there might be a place in philly

Quote Originally Posted by Clin10 View Post

~Clinton
    LOL. Since you mention him. When i first went to Turbotrix during my DSM days. Diesel was standing and waiting for me at the back entrance of the shop. I got kinda scared so I walked to the front and see him gaurding the front door. Luckily, he's gentle. He is HUGE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast