What would you like as part of the next Victory meet?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on What would you like as part of the next Victory meet? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Inspired by page 14 of the 11/18 Victory meet thread. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...152941&page=14 Step up to the podium - what would you ...

I Support ClubWRX

What would you like as part of the next Victory meet?

Inspired by page 14 of the 11/18 Victory meet thread.

11/18 - The famous Victory Brewing Meet is back again.

Step up to the podium - what would you like to see happen for the next Victory meet?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i vote for a drive. i like that we do not go real fast on our cruise. i have had the chance to punch it a time or two, but it was not a "speedy" drive by any means. i like to drive fast and slide just as much as the next guy, but on public roads in the middle of the day is not the time for it.

i like country roads, but it seems that is all that is in the area, so that is covered
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Banned
    I vote for strippers and booze!

Really, I think we could use a stop about 1/2 way thru the cruise, maybe @ French Creek.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect View Post
    i vote for a drive. i like that we do not go real fast on our cruise. i have had the chance to punch it a time or two, but it was not a "speedy" drive by any means. i like to drive fast and slide just as much as the next guy, but on public roads in the middle of the day is not the time for it.

i like country roads, but it seems that is all that is in the area, so that is covered
    FATF and 2FTF have made a fair amount of the public think any import driver with shiny loud exhausts are public menaces. It is good we keep it cool on the drives. Hopefully at least a few people see we can be responsible drivers. I purposefully pick lightly traveled roads; would anyone like to see a portion of the drive on some main roads?

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post
    I vote for strippers and booze!
    This could be arranged!

Really, I think we could use a stop about 1/2 way thru the cruise, maybe @ French Creek.
    I can see that in the warmer weather. What would you like to see as part of the stop? We drive right by the Hopewell Furnace site. I have never stopped and saw what it is about. Maybe we can try that out.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

I like this idea. There are a few areas of the park were we could stop and hang out and chat.

Overall I really like the layout of the meet, we just need to get more folks to come out. The fun run is going to have to be the lure for the non-beer types. The food is good and the drive is great. There is no reason that anyone should not want to go.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    would anyone like to see a portion of the drive on some main roads?
    very simply, no. i hate traffic and i see enough on the drive up. i like the more secluded roadways.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

I Support ClubWRX
    very simply, no. i hate traffic and i see enough on the drive up. i like the more secluded roadways.
    I have yet attend one of these meets, but I'd like to so I think that allows me to put in my .02.

+2 for not having a highway portion on a large gathering. It gets extreamly hard as people will always merge into the park and usually cut off other drivers.

I think it would be cool to go through a little towns main street so showcase the cars to the neighborhood. I of course havent been on this ride/meet so if that's already done just forget about it then.

I like the idea of a scenic "fun" ride without all the headaches of trying to go fast. I have just as much fun chatting and cruising as I do driving at 6/10th's (7/10ths and higher are saved for track )

I still have a few months before the 21st so I dont think I'll make the Nov. one. But come March I'd love to drive up and hang out.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Banned
    I can see that in the warmer weather. What would you like to see as part of the stop? We drive right by the Hopewell Furnace site. I have never stopped and saw what it is about. Maybe we can try that out.
    Yeah, I've always wanted to stop by there but I'm usually too busy. I'm a geek and I like PA history so a stop there would be cool. I think the stop should be long enough for those who smoke to have a cig and for a quick whiz.

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the back roads too. I thought maybe somebody would like to be seen as well. Traffic lights would complicate a drive where most know not where they are.

I was thinking of heading more into Berks or even Lancaster counties for a change. Is there a limit of how long we should keep the drives to?

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I have yet attend one of these meets, but I'd like to so I think that allows me to put in my .02.

I think it would be cool to go through a little towns main street so showcase the cars to the neighborhood. I of course havent been on this ride/meet so if that's already done just forget about it then.

I still have a few months before the 21st so I dont think I'll make the Nov. one. But come March I'd love to drive up and hang out.
    Your comments (and anyone else's) are always welcome.

There are a few small towns in the vicinity of the current drive. Elverson, Birdsboro and Morgantown (a PA Turnpike interchange is there) are three I can think of.

Yeah, I've always wanted to stop by there but I'm usually too busy. I'm a geek and I like PA history so a stop there would be cool. I think the stop should be long enough for those who smoke to have a cig and for a quick whiz.
    Cig and a whiz ...
    Mods & Pics

I like the two hour length that we have going now.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    +Obi Wan

i thing doing the meet on sundays might be better. the problem with getting beer drinkers together is that we really enjoy our friday nights, making saturday a sleep in day. with my drive up, i don't get a chance to sleep the night before off enough

...for those who smoke to have a cig...
    that usually is me, but i am trying to quit before the next meet
    +1

it is kind of a long ride, but i enjoy almost all of it. i just need to make sure i make it up earlier next time so i have more time to stand before driving again. last time out we drove 2.5hrs, had a 30 minute break, then a 2hr ride
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

how is everybody doing?

I say keep the drive to backish roads under 2 hours (and +1 on the whiz break)

so is everybody coming to the York meet next week (directions up now)
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Banned
    I like the back roads too. I thought maybe somebody would like to be seen as well. Traffic lights would complicate a drive where most know not where they are.

I was thinking of heading more into Berks or even Lancaster counties for a change. Is there a limit of how long we should keep the drives to?
    Lancaster has too many narrow farm roads and treacherous Amish buggies. Is Schuylkill county too far for what we're cruising? I'm not really too familiar for the wester Chester/Berks area.

I Support ClubWRX
    Bump from Hijack this thread:

Victory Meet? Probably January.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilfluff View Post
    I'm going over on the 9th.(next Saturday)

It's not an official meet, but if anybody's free and wants a beer I'll be there
    Shall we continue here?
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.