Looking for a Tuner.

This is a discussion on Looking for a Tuner. within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Whats up guys. I am looking forward for a protune sometime in the future. Maybe 2 months from now. I ...

Looking for a Tuner.

Whats up guys. I am looking forward for a protune sometime in the future. Maybe 2 months from now. I have been looking for a tuner around New York and New Jersey area. Ive called MSPT but Dave Brown seems to never pick up the phone and from what I was told by a Nasioc member today when I picked up a turbo locally, that he doesnt do tune. ??? I'm confused because there are some people from here that got tuned by Dave.

Also I called Pricision Turbo in Brick New Jersey. I was recommended this place by some members here. But today when I called, they redirected me somewhere else saying that I should call Rob from Westchester Automasters.

I need help looking for a local tuner around the New York and New Jersey area, any help is much appreciated.

PS: I'm really looking forward more for a DYNO tune instead of a street tune.

Thanks
    -Engz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yep. Definately call Rob at Automaster. He tuned me and is an amazing tuner and his shop does amazing work. Rich at Precision recommends all his customers to go there. His dyno reads super low but the results are well worth it.

automasterof westchester.com
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Hey, I dont know much about this Rob guy or his information. Infact I dont even know where Westchester's Automasters is. Is there any info you can give me so i can get incontact with him? Any info much appreciated! Thanks

http://www.automasterofwestchester.com/

Start by going to their website and looking around. The phone number is on there and email address.

As for where it is. Take 95N to exit 18 and make a right. Its about 1/4 down teh road on the left. Its only about 45 min from me. You could also take the Parkway north to the NYS thruway south and get to teh shop from there. Like I said go to the website and mapquest the address for better details.

As for much about him and the business. It is family owned for 3 generations. They are very knowledgable people and the father has amazing fabricating skills. While they have all this experience, they are not close minded and if you give them a better way to do something, theyll listen and do it. Great atmosphere, and Rob will have you a smooth powerful car.

Search the proven power bragging section of Nasioc for Automaster and you will see they have the highest power stock ECU STi. It put down 630whp on his dyno, which on a dyno jet would be around 768whp, all with ECUtek.

Edit: Saw you were from NY, thought you were from NJ. Just google the address for the best route. They are right off 95.
    Last edited by PolarisSnT; 11-12-2006 at 05:34 PM.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

Interesting info. That exactly what I'm going to do. Call I'll them sometime soon. Thanks for the help.

Good luck with your car.

I was amazed at how well my car runs. Rob spent 6 hours tuning my car so that it was perfect and he only charges a flat rate so it doesnt matter how long it takes.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

I called up Automasters today and Rob answered. I should be tuned soon when I'm ready. Thanks again for the info!

Let us know how it goes. I'm only about 20 minutes from these guys and will likely have them tune mine in the near future.
    Cobb Stage 2 '06 WRX, Aspen White & Wingless
    --------------------------------------------
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #026

Quote Originally Posted by Cathode View Post
    Let us know how it goes. I'm only about 20 minutes from these guys and will likely have them tune mine in the near future.
    You wont be disappointed.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

go AMR, i've got their t4 package, the car runs great

Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93