Philly SCCA autocross at Ripken this Sunday - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Philly SCCA autocross at Ripken this Sunday within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This is not good. You could drive a cart under that wheel. The line I am taking sure does not ...

I Support ClubWRX
    This is not good. You could drive a cart under that wheel. The line I am taking sure does not help. Your wheel appears to have left the tarmac slightly, but not nearly as bad as mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ripken_113STX01.jpg   Ripken_JR02.jpg  
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, if it's any consolation, I have yet to see a WRX that doesn't lift during hard cornering. It's common, and I doubt it's the end of the world. That kid Justin, who got an '06 OBP WRX and took it to Nationals this year, was lifting like a mofo a couple events ago. He was still really silly fast.

Bill, I still don't have the vids in the public folder. Did something go wrong?
    Last edited by kevlarcupid; 10-23-2006 at 11:03 AM.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi guys,

Jehan thanks for letting me ride a few times, I really enjoyed the event and now must go on the prowl for a miata if the insurance company works with me

I saw a few wrx's run on the 2nd heat when I was waiting to ride, and I dont remember any of them lifting the rear wheel that high. Is it possible to change your line Bill and turn that into a sweeping corner before the finish so you arent throwing the weight of the car into the turn as badly? I know that finish was a little PITA-ish but that might help a tad.

It was nice meeting Bill and wrx wagone (sorry bad with names) I really wanted to stay for atleast the 3rd heat so I could ride with Bill and a few others, but the GF was having none of it. She was a good sport about it but she just got to cold/bored to hang in for the finish. Who knows Bill if I was riding shotgun maybe the extra weight would keep that side down

Hopefully by spring I'll have a car that I can dedicate time to and race in. Thanks to Jehan and everyone else there.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123