Philly SCCA autocross at Ripken this Sunday - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Philly SCCA autocross at Ripken this Sunday within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This is not good. You could drive a cart under that wheel. The line I am taking sure does not ...

I Support ClubWRX
    This is not good. You could drive a cart under that wheel. The line I am taking sure does not help. Your wheel appears to have left the tarmac slightly, but not nearly as bad as mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ripken_113STX01.jpg   Ripken_JR02.jpg  
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, if it's any consolation, I have yet to see a WRX that doesn't lift during hard cornering. It's common, and I doubt it's the end of the world. That kid Justin, who got an '06 OBP WRX and took it to Nationals this year, was lifting like a mofo a couple events ago. He was still really silly fast.

Bill, I still don't have the vids in the public folder. Did something go wrong?
    Last edited by kevlarcupid; 10-23-2006 at 12:03 PM.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi guys,

Jehan thanks for letting me ride a few times, I really enjoyed the event and now must go on the prowl for a miata if the insurance company works with me

I saw a few wrx's run on the 2nd heat when I was waiting to ride, and I dont remember any of them lifting the rear wheel that high. Is it possible to change your line Bill and turn that into a sweeping corner before the finish so you arent throwing the weight of the car into the turn as badly? I know that finish was a little PITA-ish but that might help a tad.

It was nice meeting Bill and wrx wagone (sorry bad with names) I really wanted to stay for atleast the 3rd heat so I could ride with Bill and a few others, but the GF was having none of it. She was a good sport about it but she just got to cold/bored to hang in for the finish. Who knows Bill if I was riding shotgun maybe the extra weight would keep that side down

Hopefully by spring I'll have a car that I can dedicate time to and race in. Thanks to Jehan and everyone else there.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.