Philly SCCA autocross at Ripken this Sunday - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Philly SCCA autocross at Ripken this Sunday within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by cavallino333 You got me interested now. Perhaps I'll look into it. Perhaps? Just do it! http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/index.html...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    You got me interested now. Perhaps I'll look into it.
    Perhaps? Just do it!

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/index.html
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Perhaps
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    Likewise, if you see the shirt or KevlarCupid be sure to speak up
    Yeah, no doubt. If you would like to ride on a few of my runs you are more than welcome.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    Yeah, no doubt. If you would like to ride on a few of my runs you are more than welcome.

Thanks for the offer, I'd like to ride with as many folks as I can. The GF said she'd be coming also.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Thanks for the offer, I'd like to ride with as many folks as I can. The GF said she'd be coming also.
    Even better! You can ride with some other folks and your gf can ride with me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    Even better! You can ride with some other folks and your gf can ride with me.

Easy there killer.....After knowing how guys on this board treat females she will be dressed in loose jeans, loose t-shirt, groucho glasses and a wig
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Easy there killer.....After knowing how guys on this board treat females she will be dressed in loose jeans, loose t-shirt, groucho glasses and a wig

Honestly, I can't really argue with that logic.

Pre reg is full. LudicrousSpeed is going to roll in deep with a bunch of hooligans from College Park. This will be a good day, for sure! I also think that that some of BASC will be there!

If anyone from the B-More area feels like carpooling/caravnning over, 302 and I are meeting at the Starbucks in Cockeysville at 6:45 in the early morning. If not, we'll see you there!

What else? What else? Oh! Cav, dude. Come. Check it out, if you have to, but you'll love this the most, man. It's one of those things that as soon as you do your first autocross, you'll be hooked. And considering how much you like real drivers, you'll love it.

There should be a few walk-up spots available, but you'll have to get there early. See you guys there!
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Leaving now ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

What a course. What were your best times? Question is directed at anyone who was there, but specifically Bill and JR. Also, Craig, what did you think of it all?
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid View Post
    What a course. What were your best times? Question is directed at anyone who was there, but specifically Bill and JR. Also, Craig, what did you think of it all?
    Overall I liked the course. I thought it was a good mix of fast sections with sweeping corners and some technical sections thrown in to make it challenging. The finish was a PITA, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes.

I still wasn't as fast as I would've liked, but I'm still improving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid View Post
    I did not have the best day. It took me three runs to stay on course.

On my last run I had a major driver input error at the finish. I went to use the brake, my right foot slipped off and mashed the clutch down. I could not get my size 15 sneaker off the clutch - so I coasted into the finish cones.

And you got it all on video ... It is funny now, but really pissed me off yesterday.

The times have not been posted yet. JR took 5th and got a pint glass.
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    I did not have the best day. It took me three runs to stay on course.

On my last run I had a major driver input error at the finish. I went to use the brake, my right foot slipped off and mashed the clutch down. I could not get my size 15 sneaker off the clutch - so I coasted into the finish cones.

And you got it all on video ... It is funny now, but really pissed me off yesterday.

The times have not been posted yet. JR took 5th and got a pint glass.
    Yeah, you were none to happy yesterday. I'm thinking about driving NC in the afternoon at the next event. Wanna ride along with each other?

I hate to say this, but I was really hoping for 3rd. I would've been pretty happy with 4th. I'd like to see how the results broke down.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Yeah, you were none to happy yesterday. I'm thinking about driving NC in the afternoon at the next event. Wanna ride along with each other?

I hate to say this, but I was really hoping for 3rd. I would've been pretty happy with 4th. I'd like to see how the results broke down.
    Maybe. I do not want to slow your progress down. I asked for a lot of help (instructor runs) last year. At some point I need to figure this out myself.

The vids of my driving showed I am still lifting a rear tire during hard cornering. I do not think this is helping. Youe lifting as well, but not as much as my WRX.
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Maybe. I do not want to slow your progress down. I asked for a lot of help (instructor runs) last year. At some point I need to figure this out myself.

The vids of my driving showed I am still lifting a rear tire during hard cornering. I do not think this is helping. Youe lifting as well, but not as much as my WRX.
    You would not slow my progress. Actually, I think we could learn more by helping each other. Trying to work this out solo my very well lead to frustration. I really do not want to see that happen. (If you stopped coming, I could no longer use your air gauge. )

I really think your car setup is pretty good, or at least reasonable. I'd really like to know what you're thinking about when you're getting ready for a run. I really think it is as simple as becoming better at breaking down the course in a way that makes sense to you. I really think it is a simple fix. (I really said really way too much.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast