Bucks County, Philly, surrounding areas - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bucks County, Philly, surrounding areas within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I'm pretty new to the site , but I'm in Philly (Manayunk specifically) and I think it would be pretty ...

Thumbs up Philly/Bucks Meets

I'm pretty new to the site , but I'm in Philly (Manayunk specifically) and I think it would be pretty easy to setup a meet in philly. Obviously cruises wont be that great cause of traffic, but the cops are usually too busy to be busting on a bunch of people talking in a parking lot. As long as people dont get stupid, I cant see having any trouble.

Off the top of my head, I'd say meeting at the mall next to the intersection of Cottman Ave and JFK Blvd would work. Huge parking lot that I have never seen full, and its right next to two major roads, making it easy to get there for people not from the area, and theres a couple different places to go eat/grab drinks if people wanted to.

Just an idea. I work on weekends, but a fri night meet is something i could show up for.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm down for a meet. I'm closer to the Warrington area.
    Last edited by Jess' 03WRX; 12-04-2006 at 06:47 PM.

Hey guys, once I get though the holidays I'm going to start working on a Bucks Co. meet. I'll post some of the things I'm working on and ask for some ideas and suggestions.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

sweet...sounds good
    Jeff
    All In Automotive
    http://www.allinautomotive.com
    Car and automotive related news.

2006 WRX TR, Cobb Stage 2, Invidia DP, SPT Intake, KB shifter and bushings, Tanabe GF210s.

Hey Wagone, maybe a carting meet? Eh? Eh? You know you want too.

Quote Originally Posted by JSCspeed View Post
    Hey Wagone, maybe a carting meet? Eh? Eh? You know you want too.
    That is the best idea I've heard all day. Karting meet it is. I'll work out when later today.

I've heard good things about http://www.midatlanticgrandprix.com/

hey guys, i run tristatetuners, and for the most part its a great group. i think every large group has its bests and worsts so please don't generalize or make assumptions. to the guy who said its a bunch of 17 year old know it alls... you sound like a 30 year old know it all which isnt too much better, huh?

anyway, the location of our thursday meets is a bit up in the air right now but we will definitely have a set location by the time the weather starts to warm up again.

as for a subaru meet, sounds like a great idea to me and i'd love to attend. it sounds to me like there's at least a dozen guys interested so all it takes now is someone taking the initiative to set it up and spread the word... if you build it they will come

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

^^^ Brian, we'll have some things coming up. We'll see how some of the things I have planned out in my head come together. I'll definately post them up on TST.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehoyer View Post
    That's exactly where we would go.

yea i passed by you TST guys(im a member of the forum just never actually went to the meet) one thursday to get DD but it was closed. You seemed like a pretty cool bunch o'guys but i didnt have time to talk.

yea i cant wait for a bucks meet. dont have to bee weekly but atleast monthly would be cool, something close by.
    Jeff
    All In Automotive
    http://www.allinautomotive.com
    Car and automotive related news.

2006 WRX TR, Cobb Stage 2, Invidia DP, SPT Intake, KB shifter and bushings, Tanabe GF210s.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehoyer View Post
    That's what I was referring to. I lapped JR and all of the guys that I work with a few times last Sunday night and I can't wait till I get to go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi View Post
    to the guy who said its a bunch of 17 year old know it alls... you sound like a 30 year old know it all which isnt too much better, huh?

I didn't say it was only 17yr olds there, but that I didn't want to hang out with all 17yr old kids that:
    1) prob. do something stupid to bring attention from the police or end a perfectly good idea/meet.
    2) listen to them brag about how fast there car is and how much they know.

Not arguing but clearing up a misunderstood quote.

Quote Originally Posted by JSCspeed View Post
    That's what I was referring to. I lapped JR and all of the guys that I work with a few times last Sunday night and I can't wait till I get to go again.
    Yeah, ok. I lapped JR... I'm faster than him... I'm a cool fast kart driver...

I see how it is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Yeah, ok....I'm a cool fast kart driver...

I never said anything about being "cool," but if the driving shoe fits .

We all had a great time and will being doing more karting soon...very soon (unless my wife cuts of my spendy spending habit).

cool, i'd like to have a subaru specific meet. i'm all for bringing the different groups together but sometimes its nice to just be around your own kind, so i'll look forward to seeing how this progresses. of course the dead of winter is a tough time to get it jump started but whatever works

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast