New Member in NJ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Member in NJ... within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; just felt like saying jsut got back from english town and give mad props to the wrx's some nice runs.. ...

just felt like saying jsut got back from english town and give mad props to the wrx's some nice runs.. was my first time running any sort of car at trck so i did reaaal bad lol really need to work on my launches, 1st run had major wheel hop, 2nd run wheel hop and cluth slippage on 2nd - 3rd ****, and 3rd run i babbied it,, if anyone really wants to know my pissy times ask and ill post em... but w/e lol need practice. and one again props to wrx
    Stock till Spring 07

My My Space

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blk06CompIRL
    just felt like saying jsut got back from english town and give mad props to the wrx's some nice runs.. was my first time running any sort of car at trck so i did reaaal bad lol really need to work on my launches, 1st run had major wheel hop, 2nd run wheel hop and cluth slippage on 2nd - 3rd ****, and 3rd run i babbied it,, if anyone really wants to know my pissy times ask and ill post em... but w/e lol need practice. and one again props to wrx
    hey man, right there with ya - same story here. I went for the first time last weekend and my best time is in my sig. I think it's called a learning curve.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I've never seen a Saturn redline in person. Looks pretty good from the pics. Is it the same setup as a Cobalt SS?
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

so what were the times...

Quote Originally Posted by Blk06CompIRL

Quote Originally Posted by BillFromTR
    I've never seen a Saturn redline in person. Looks pretty good from the pics. Is it the same setup as a Cobalt SS?
    its liek teh cobalt ss/ sc, it has the ecotec 2.0 supercharged. some motor, if u open both hoods they look identical engine wise. manufac rated at 205 to wheels.
    Stock till Spring 07

My My Space

Quote Originally Posted by wakeskate23488
    so what were the times...
    ill type in my 3 passes. scanner currently down.... i feel so ashamed of these tiems and afterwards found out i did almost everything wrong. so keep in mind lil more then 3/4 tank of gas DOH, still had 35psi in tires from a long highway trip DOH. also remeber Pass 1 had bad wwheel hop, pass 2 was wheel hop and lil slip on 1-2shift and major clutch slippage on shift 2-3, pass 3 took it easy (was nervous as hell the entire time lol so that didnt help but def was fun,, glad stands were kinda empty lol) my one last excuse is it seems since track is a bit stickier then a normal road may have added to my issues and i couldnt compensate??

Time:: First pass @ 7:36pm ,, Third pass at 9:39pm
    Track conditons:: 46 degrees F ,, Relative Humidity 0 ,, Absolute Barometer 29.77

`````````````````` Pass 1 ```````````` Pass 2 ```````````` Pass 3
    R/T ````````````` .843 `````````````````` .878 `````````````` .712
    60' ````````````` 2.959 ````````````````` 2.710 `````````````` 2.747
    330 ```````````` 7.758 ````````````````` 7.654 `````````````` 7.313
    1/8 ```````````` 11.295 ``````````````` 12.310 ````````````` 10.812
    MPH ```````````` 69.90 ````````````````` 58.25 ````````````` 69.94
    1000 ``````````` 14.277 ``````````````` 15.839 ```````````` 13.787
    1/4 `````````````16.857 ``````````````` 18.629 ```````````` 16.245
    MPH ```````````` 87.49 ```````````````` 80.89 ````````````` 91.35

NOTE:: a stock Cobalt / Redline should be good for about high 14sec 1/4 mile at around 100MPH

feel free to comment away jsut dont hate, give pointers dont bash, lol probably wont run again for rest of this season but come march def wanna go another time or 2 before i start modding 1/4 mile Driver Mod version 20.06 highly needed.
    Last edited by Blk06CompIRL; 10-14-2006 at 05:43 PM.
    Stock till Spring 07

My My Space

yeah i begining to like the saturn ion there very underrated a co worker of mine just bought a silver one 06 very nice with the sucide doors nice interior ..same exact motor as cobalt but the thing is the saturn ways more than the cobalt ....the only thing wrong with the ion is that it needs to be dropped expesically in the back ..but other than that very great car im exit 157 on the parkway ......make sure u come to the thanksgiving meet ....

Quote Originally Posted by jhoffa1864 View Post
    yeah i begining to like the saturn ion there very underrated a co worker of mine just bought a silver one 06 very nice with the sucide doors nice interior ..same exact motor as cobalt but the thing is the saturn ways more than the cobalt ....the only thing wrong with the ion is that it needs to be dropped expesically in the back ..but other than that very great car im exit 157 on the parkway ......make sure u come to the thanksgiving meet ....
    yeah might be a lil heavier. but the cobalts got those bigg ass 18"s to spin lol.. not sure if ill be up for the thanksgiving meet normally that tiem a year is very family orriented till end of dec, but never know
    Stock till Spring 07

My My Space

Quote Originally Posted by Blk06CompIRL View Post
    yeah might be a lil heavier. but the cobalts got those bigg ass 18"s to spin lol.. not sure if ill be up for the thanksgiving meet normally that tiem a year is very family orriented till end of dec, but never know
    +1 - you should find out the weight of their rims vs yours.

Don't feel bad about your times. I should be in 12 seconds and instead I'm in 14 seconds. Drive and learn.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    +1 - you should find out the weight of their rims vs yours.

Don't feel bad about your times. I should be in 12 seconds and instead I'm in 14 seconds. Drive and learn.
    true that ^

yea make sure you come to the meet my freind with his redline will most likely be there he can tell you everything about the car.

Quote Originally Posted by wakeskate23488 View Post
    true that ^

yea make sure you come to the meet my freind with his redline will most likely be there he can tell you everything about the car.
    Uhm.... what meet?

yea micah if u want we can both go down jus let me know
    06 stg 2 wrx- gone
    92 talon Tsi awd - in the process of getting completed

Quote Originally Posted by Pure_Power65 View Post
    yea micah if u want we can both go down jus let me know
    sounds good - give me a call and let me know

yeah deff cant make the meet, will be with teh girl, dont think she will be up for it lol.. going back to etown on nov 10th probably not ideal time to go but w/e practice is practice
    Stock till Spring 07

My My Space

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12