Dreaded New Jersey Emmissions Test -- Anyone Know how to Pass w/ Bolt-ons?

This is a discussion on Dreaded New Jersey Emmissions Test -- Anyone Know how to Pass w/ Bolt-ons? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey guys, I had a quick question. Specs of my car are as follows below: 2003 WRX Aftermarket Uppipe (TurboXS ...

Dreaded New Jersey Emmissions Test -- Anyone Know how to Pass w/ Bolt-ons?

Hey guys,

I had a quick question. Specs of my car are as follows below:

2003 WRX
    Aftermarket Uppipe (TurboXS I believe)
    Aftermarket twin-dump downpipe (Bosal)
    Bosal Single Tip Catback (aka SPT Catback)
    No engine management

I have inspections coming up next month and I am dreading that I will fail emmissions horribly due to my car no longer having 2 of them. I contacted Rich from Precision Tuning and he stated that engine management, particularly the AccessPort, may be cheaper than having him uninstall my aftermarket stuff, reinstall stock only to uninstall the stock to get my aftermarket stuff back (upwards of $330 per install x 2 = $660. Ouch.) I was wondering if anyone from NJ with aftermarket bolt-ons such as mine has experience with inspections, particularly passing them, with help from the AP. I have till the end of November to do mine, so I have time, but I wanted to get my options out in the open first. Thanks for your help fellaz!

slim...
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Find some randumb foreign ghetto gas station n pay them to pass you.

Seriously.

I did that a buncha years back..
    Grand Visions ~ East Coast
    My N-Body || My CarDomain
    RIP Grand Am 8/2000 - 3/13/2006

2004 WRX

The above option is going to be my plan. Get the AP, you will be very happy and your car will feel much better, then go get tested at any location you want.

Edit: By used and it will be even cheaper. Should be easier now that a new version of the AP is coming out.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Quote Originally Posted by badassbunny
    Find some randumb foreign ghetto gas station n pay them to pass you.

Seriously.

I did that a buncha years back..
    i did that a few time when i lived in nyc... now i live in fl and we dont have that crap down here !!!

yea just go to some random gas station and pay them...jsut make sure and dont go anywere and fail...then go pay someone..they will double the price..
    stage 4 02 wrx

mustangs are the civics of domestics
    If you spool, you're cool. If you spray, you're gay.
    I like my motors like I like my girls, D's instead of B's.
    B's might be better then D's but the EJ** is the best way
    In order to be old and wise, You must first be young and stupid
    Nitrous is like a hooker, you wanna' hit it but you're scared of the consequences.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall, but torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Why not get engine management? It's something you should get anyway and this emissions test should be the impetus for the EM.

If not, I agree with the bribing of a shop.
    2006 WRX TR

ill need to look into the name of product again unless anyone else knows of it, but there is a product out there that garentees u pass emissions, friend put it through his car with no cats and passed inspection. will try to find name of product out tomorrow when i see him. believe its a fuel addative.
    Stock till Spring 07

My My Space

Quote Originally Posted by Blk06CompIRL
    ill need to look into the name of product again unless anyone else knows of it, but there is a product out there that garentees u pass emissions, friend put it through his car with no cats and passed inspection. will try to find name of product out tomorrow when i see him. believe its a fuel addative.
    i have heard of these... you can pick it up @ any local car store but i dont think its good for the car tho

it's called "Guaranteed to Pass", you have to add it to a tank, then run the tank through, then fill up and get inspected.

I have a friend who will pass cars in a more legitimate matter for his friends. Plug in the scanner, and go for a nice easy ride until the monitors are all "ready" and not showing any codes. Then take it easy back to the shop plug in and run the inspection and the car passes.

Cobb Stage 2.5 here, catless too, one way or another, I'll find a way to pass.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals