NEPA Newbie
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NEPA Newbie within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi Im Joe from Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre area of PA...just wonderin if anyone else is on here from the area! If ...

NEPA Newbie

Hi Im Joe from Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre area of PA...just wonderin if anyone else is on here from the area! If so I guess Ill see ya around.

Happy to be part of the forums!
    -Joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe
    Hi Im Joe from Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre area of PA...just wonderin if anyone else is on here from the area! If so I guess Ill see ya around.

Happy to be part of the forums!
    -Joe

Welcome aboard. There's a few people on here from NEPA.

Sweet, well thanks for the welcome...see you around.

I Support ClubWRX
    My folks have a house outside around wilkes-barre I think (it's off route 209 but I really don't know what city it's in). I head out there often because the backroads are so sweet out there!!

Welcome to the board!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Cool...are you thinking route 309?...thats the one near WB...but ya the roads rock out here...especially Giants Despair!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe
    Cool...are you thinking route 309?...thats the one near WB...but ya the roads rock out here...especially Giants Despair!!!
    I'll make a mental note next time I go out there... I've been going since I was ~10 so it's pretty autopilot to get there and get to places I need to go...

What is this Giants despair you speak of
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok, just checked a map, it's definitely 209 but not wilkes-barre... It's Marshalls creek / middle smithfield area...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

oh ok...my bad for assuming....Giants Despair is where they run the longest consecutive running hill climb in the country...its very twisty and a blast to drive...only takes about a minute to go up though...but its cool

I Support ClubWRX
    Where is that? I wanna check it out next time I'm out there!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

well from smithfield youll wanna get on 80 west to 476 north and get off the Wilkes-Barre/Bear Creek exit...and take a right towards bear creek...youll go about a mile or so and see Laurel Run rd....turn right on that and take it alllllllllthe way down....youll know when you hit the giants despair!!! its all the way at the bottom!

I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet! Thanks. I'll have to check it out. I'll give you a shout next time I'm out there!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.