E-Town Oct 14th WRX vs Evo Whos going whats the deal? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on E-Town Oct 14th WRX vs Evo Whos going whats the deal? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey Hey Hey! I dont have tickets, can you just show up and buy them there. Also what happens on ...

Hey Hey Hey! I dont have tickets, can you just show up and buy them there. Also what happens on this day I am new to this. Do you get a chance to lay down some track times and go head up with some EVO's? Im right down the street from E-town, Im at Stage 2 and looking to open my baby up. Let me know the deal.
    INFaRED"06" WRX STage 2
    Perrin Catless UP,Invidia Catted DP,
    COBB AP,Greedy EVO2
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #77"Where 06 & 07 Unite"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by INFARED
    Hey Hey Hey! I dont have tickets, can you just show up and buy them there. Also what happens on this day I am new to this. Do you get a chance to lay down some track times and go head up with some EVO's? Im right down the street from E-town, Im at Stage 2 and looking to open my baby up. Let me know the deal.

I just called. It's $30 to race, and $15 to watch.

I believe you will get 3 runs, but I'm not sure. I've only gone to the track once - and I just did the regular $40/3 run thing.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Thanks for the info Micah! Im really excited. I might go the 14th......but i know i want to go one Wenesday night. How long does it take or on estimate how long will i be out there just to lay some track time s down? Also Micah i see you had a bad launch, at what RPM Level did you let the clutch out at? Whats a good RPM Level to let out for a good launch?
    INFaRED"06" WRX STage 2
    COBB AP,Greedy EVO2

Thanks for the info Micah! Im really excited. I might go the 14th......but i know i want to go one Wenesday night. How long does it take or on estimate how long will i be out there just to lay some track time s down? Also Micah i see you had a bad launch, at what RPM Level did you let the clutch out at? Whats a good RPM Level to let out for a good launch?
    I let the clutch out around probably around 4500 rpm, just didn't like the way it felt and quickly put the clutch in and took my foot off the gas a bit then just kinda drove out.

I'm going to try to practice a bit before I go back on Saturday. Ultimately though, I'm stage 2.5 on a 2002 with 60,000 miles on the stock clutch and tranny. I have no intentions of trying to launch my car like others recommend. I'm going to work on getting off the line a bit faster, but I will not rev and dump it. This car is my daily driver, and I like it that way. If I blow it up - I have to drive the Z, and it's not as fast, nor as fun as my WRX. I'm not trying to win anything, just having fun. My goal for Saturday is to increase my trapspeed, and hopefully lower my times (in that order of priority). I've got friends going with EVO's and WRX's - so it's more about the day.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Micah, Sounds like a fun day to be enjoyed by all, Ill see what i can do about being out there. I hear you about the launch, i use my car for the daily drive and cant risk it. Where about in Howell do you rest. I have family and friends out there and Farmingdale.
    INFaRED"06" WRX STage 2
    COBB AP,Greedy EVO2

so whats up anyone going ? anyone drag racing or is everyone auto-xing? what time are people going if your drag racing?
    Invidia Catted DP, HKS Carbon Ti Catback, APS CAI, Perrin lightweight pulley, AP Stage 2 Protuned, cleared headlights, pillar less grill mod, red havac and key ring lights, Rota Revs Royal Black Falken RT-615's

Micah, Sounds like a fun day to be enjoyed by all, Ill see what i can do about being out there. I hear you about the launch, i use my car for the daily drive and cant risk it. Where about in Howell do you rest. I have family and friends out there and Farmingdale.
    I'm in Beachwood - not horribly far from Howell, but not next door either. I'm usually in Toms River and Bricktown. Ronbang is in Howell, guess you got a bit confused.

Quote Originally Posted by ronbang
    so whats up anyone going ? anyone drag racing or is everyone auto-xing? what time are people going if your drag racing?
    I'm planning to get there around noon. Are they going to have an auto-x course? I'm only planning on doing the 1/4.

I should be fairly easy to pick out - black bugeye with a Flat Four Mid Atlantic sticker on the back window. I'll be the guy behind the wheel with a shaved head and black wireframe glasses.

i will be there hopefully right at 1. Pretty easy to see me. "Off the line" window sticker and of course the rare color.....love the sedona red pearl!!!
    BUGEYE MAFIA #20

wish I could be there, hopefully some people get video.

i'll post pics as soon as i got home tommorow night
    BUGEYE MAFIA #20

if you get video and need some bandwidth / space I've got a ton.

sorry...forgot my camcorder at home...just have the camera at school.
    BUGEYE MAFIA #20

If you get there early, stop by the auto x, I'll be running for the first time and probably embarissing myself, WRB STi, WRX wing, pillarless, cleared headlights, cracked windsheild, stuffed monkey ridin shotty. Oh yeah, F4 sticker back window.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

crazy line to get in. there were so many evo's.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast