Official NJ F4 thread - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Official NJ F4 thread within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by 06njsti Whats up fellas. My name is Justin and I noticed a few of you guys are ...

Quote Originally Posted by 06njsti View Post
    Whats up fellas. My name is Justin and I noticed a few of you guys are from Toms River. Im from Barnegat. Im usually in Barnegat on some weekends but i have an apartment near Philly so during the week im working up there. I notice you guys are trying to set some things up to get together and im always down to get involved with some people that like suby's. I know me and my boy jeff would be down for whatever so like i said just wanted to say whats up and introduce myself. Maybe we can get together some time in jersey.
    How's that BOV working for ya? Just mentioning it now - because you are going to be pegged with that question alot. Use the search if you don't know why. What are you utilizing for Engine Management? So far as coming out to TR - there's usually a group of people in the Stop and Shop parking lot on Route 37 on Friday and Saturday nights. Mixed cars, but usually one or two Subies.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know everyone gives a hard time about the blow off valve. I hear it all the time most of the time im running it totally closed anyway like stock or 25% open. But anyway i used to go to 37 when i was in highschool i dont really know if that is really up my alley anymore at 23 going on 24. I just asked cause i would like to meet some new people that would want to hang out and talk cars. this is my first subaru and im just trying to learn more about them.
    06 steel grey STI
    Worx tuning BOV
    Greddy evo 2 catback

Quote Originally Posted by 06njsti View Post
    I know everyone gives a hard time about the blow off valve. I hear it all the time most of the time im running it totally closed anyway like stock or 25% open. But anyway i used to go to 37 when i was in highschool i dont really know if that is really up my alley anymore at 23 going on 24. I just asked cause i would like to meet some new people that would want to hang out and talk cars. this is my first subaru and im just trying to learn more about them.
    I'm 29, and I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest one there when I show up. I don't care though - it's about cars. Mostly I'm looking for the couple of people I know, if they aren't there I leave.

About your BOV, unless it's recirc 100%, you're creating a problem. What are you using for engine management?
    Last edited by Micah; 10-24-2006 at 04:12 PM.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

I dont know what your talking about with the BOV I'm just added my 3rd. I have them hooked up to run sequentally, and if I shift just right I can play Mary had a little lamb.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Well if its all about cars then thats cool. I just dont like being around people that have to show off and do stupid things with there cars that get people in trouble. Thats all that im saying but if its not like that anymore over there than hell why not i would make the trip. Thats how it was when i was there in highschool. But again that was a long time ago. Like i said in the earlier post im just trying to meet some people and talk cars and learn about subies. i saw that you guys are right down the street so i figured i would say whats up. about the BOV it has settings that allow diff amounts a recirc. when fully closed it runs just like stock and it recircs 100%. engine management nothing right now. looking to do some mods like that in the future money is a little tight right now.
    06 steel grey STI
    Worx tuning BOV
    Greddy evo 2 catback

hey man i have stock BOV as long as i can hear it in the car is all i care about. im 22 and married still hang out with ppl about cars its cool and i still race since high school its all good to me my wife even comes with me. i enjoy it and so does she
    06 stg 2 wrx- gone
    92 talon Tsi awd - in the process of getting completed

Quote Originally Posted by Pure_Power65 View Post
    hey man i have stock BOV as long as i can hear it in the car is all i care about. im 22 and married still hang out with ppl about cars its cool and i still race since high school its all good to me my wife even comes with me. i enjoy it and so does she
    +1 you are living the dream my friend!

why you think i got rid of the last girlfriend she wasnt really into cars at all. kinda tough to deal with when thats all i talk about most of the time. need to find some more women into cars. all you guys usually go out to 37 on weekends on a regular basis. I know i will be in the area this weekend if anyone is going to be around i would like to meet up with some of you guys if you are going to be around. let me know
    06 steel grey STI
    Worx tuning BOV
    Greddy evo 2 catback

i of course will be out as always, just look for PSM 05. Im not hard to miss, im ussually the only subie out there. If you see me with a bunch of people, dont be afraid theyre probably pretty docile whoever it may be, search for me in kohls, stop and shop, or sometimes even the small wawa. My g/f is always with me unless its friday, she gets out late from work. I'll probably be traveling with an 05 stock black evo.

In ref. to your other question, its calmed down a lot, i know your older then my generation, but i was out on 37 back then. So i totally understand where your coming from, but most of my friends out there are your generation so feel free to stop by anytime. A lot of the horseplay is gone, the locals no matter what age know whats up. Its usually the out of towners or just "those guys" that are out there. But they usually dont stop in.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

What nights you looking on heading up that way and usually about what time do people start showing up. Ive been out of that game for a while. dont know anything anymore about 37.
    06 steel grey STI
    Worx tuning BOV
    Greddy evo 2 catback

What nights you looking on heading up that way and usually about what time do people start showing up. Ive been out of that game for a while. dont know anything anymore about 37.
    06 steel grey STI
    Worx tuning BOV
    Greddy evo 2 catback

i think theres usually more people friday night than sat but i will prob be out both night in silver bugeye

well, since i am up at school, i cant say much for sunday or monday nights, but my friends have gotten some good races on sunday and monday nights. I know i did in the summer, or even when i was in high school.

Friday and sat. nights are usual nights, sometimes theres jsut locals, somtimes a mix, sometimes....nobody. People start showing up anywheres after 830 or later, not usually earlier. Although, when people decide to come out, a lot of people come out, its kind of weird actually, like the one weekend, everyone jsut decided to come out.

Its not like the old days where you could come out at 1am and hop in a pack and catch a million races. 37 seems to die out around 1200 1230.

Stop and shop always seems the place to be, no1 bothers us, the lights go out at 11 in the lot. The groups are kinda split, you have lower level racing, old school american muscle, most of them about 10sec cars, but then have about a 10degree turning radius. Nasty bunch of people really. Controlled insanity-LS1 crew, vettes, TA's, etc. Then you have the rest of us which are all pretty friendly, we just kinda park all together and BS.

Thats the short version.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

you got it man i go out sat and wed sometimes i get a few or its dead some weeks. ill be out there next sat def.
    06 stg 2 wrx- gone

fun driving

hey guys it is 11/15 at 6:00 jus wondering if anyone is going out tonight ill be going out jus for fun hopefully get some cars out there if anyone wants to meet up let me know
    06 stg 2 wrx- gone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.