Autospeed Meet...Thankyou
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Autospeed Meet...Thankyou within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I'd just like to say thanks to all the peeps at Autospeed for hosting a really nice Meet and Tour ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Smile Autospeed Meet...Thankyou

I'd just like to say thanks to all the peeps at Autospeed for hosting a really nice Meet and Tour

I'm glad i went and to meet some ClubWRX members

so do we have any pics yet??

Andy...
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 12-01-2002 at 11:36 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i really enjoyed myself...glad i made the trip to put some faces to the posts....

and thanks again to autospeed for hosting it...

brian
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Hey everyone

The meet was AWESOME! (except for what happened at the end ) I'll post some pics soon when I get them back today. They will be up late tonight.

Thanks to everyone at Autospeed for the great time, food, and drinks!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Yeah, it was fun...now I can associate faces with some of these crackhead posts

Also, let me re-emphasize the importance of seat belts

Hey Guys,

It was great to meet all of you and hope that you had a good time. We sincerely look forward in continuing our efforts in making some cool stuff for your scoobies.

Thanks to all who could attend and to those who couldn't we hope to see you guys at the next meet!

BTW the time to beat for a pulley install is 19 minutes Hehehehehe.

[Trailboss] What happened at the end?

Oops almost forgot, we hope to get some pics up on the web as soon as possible under the gallery section... Stay Tuned

Regards,
    Mark

AutoSpeedPerformance.com

hey guys just got home we left at like noon and holy traffic!! jersey pike and 95 traffic in NY so it took us like 6hrs to get home with a stop here and there!!

thanks for hosting it autospeed you guys were great it was well worth the 4hr drive ( LONGEST DRIVE PRIZE WOOHOOO)

Mark i see no Subaru emblem on the shirt come on we gotta update here haha j/k

well it really was fun of course the end part sucked and unfortunatly i was 2nd in line so i saw the whole damn thing. That really sucks man!! at least jim and timdog were ok.

everyone there had sweeeeeeeeet cars. everyone there was cool to hang out with so once again

THANKS!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

uh ok - what happened 'at the end'??

Cheers,

Andrew

OK!

Here is what happened at the end.

We were all going for a drive. About 6 Subarus and PlatinumWRX's black 350Z leading the pack.

Slight rain.

The 350Z has Jim driving and Tim (Timdog1650) sitting shotgun.

SpeedRacerWRX02 was behind them (2nd car) so maybe he can tell it better. I was pretty far back in someone else's car.

We all entered an S turn going around 45. Jim accelerated to around 55, then at the end of the 2nd turn, he downshifted and accelerated, and spun the car around backwards, and into the other lane. Still backwards, he smashed the guardrail, and traveled along it for about 30 yards, destroying the Z. Jim and Tim both climbed out unscathed...but the Z is probably totaled. I dunno yet.

Sad way to end a meet.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

was a site i dont care to see again.

ya he was in front and i was 2nd and i slowed down before the out part of the S turn and he didn't. Not sure if he downshifted or just put the foot down but i came around it and as soon as i did i see his car go from straight to sideways to around and whack hit the guardrail. no lie his back end must've jumped like a foot in the air it seemed from the speed he was going. i was shocked!! i had to pick my jaw up from the car floor. so i pulled over and everyone pulled over and me and evil imports got out right away to see if everyone was ok, thankfully they were. thats most imp that jim and timdog were ok. the car was messed up i think it's totalled the rear end was hit hard. glass and plastic and everything was all over the ground. hopefully pics get up soon so u can see it. was def a terrbile way to end a fun day!! hopefully everything works out for jim

so jim if ur reading nice meeting ya and good luck with whatever the car situation is
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

ah bugger!!

good to know that the people are ok....

Andrew

for the Z
    that Jim and passenger are okay!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

tan
    damn, forgot to bring the roll of film in to get processed.

I was third inline and saw nothing but Speed's brakelights and a cloud of dirt and leaves when the Z hit. Speed and I were both pretty hard on the brakes for that turn. Erin saw the whole thing from my passenger seat. She said the car exploded pretty bad on impact. I was watching too many things to really see what happened. It all happened in that eery slow motion type thing. I am really happy that all are OK.

Other than that, the day was awesome. Andy's car was awesome, it sounded just like a real 555 taking off when he went for his test drive to see how he liked his pulley.

I got the Autospeed up-pipe installed and I will post a good review of it when I get a good chunk of time, first impression is very VERY good.

Again, good day, good people, and I highly recommend Autospeed parts, people, and services to anyone out there.

-joe

PS. I will drop off my film sooner than later and get some pics posted as well.
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

ya i was real hard on the brakes cuz i had a feeling i would've lost it around the turn and i saw it go sideways like u said frame for frame slo mo...reminded me of my accident with the guardrail. but its' good everyone is ok
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

The strangest thing about it was I head nothing, total silence, no tires, no impact, just total silence. It was a very scary feeling. I cannot say enough how glad I am that everyone is OK. After I pulled over I was in shock, it took me a few seconds to react and get my ass out of the car to see it all was OK, I feel like a dope for freezing like that.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.