**new York City Area Suby Guru Needed**

This is a discussion on **new York City Area Suby Guru Needed** within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I need a favor from a fellow suby freak in the New York City area. I'm currently looking at a ...

**new York City Area Suby Guru Needed**

I need a favor from a fellow suby freak in the New York City area. I'm currently looking at a 2004 wrx wagon at a local Subaru dealership. Problem is, I'm from Minnesota and I don't want to waste my time or money to fly out and see a car that is a pos.
    The favor:
    I need someone to go over to that dealership and look at and test drive the vehicle for me. Let me know the pros and cons, exterior condition, interior condition and how well it runs. I want to fly out and pick it up, but I want to make sure it's everything I want before I do. Dealerships tend to lie about cars and tell you what you want to hear just to sell a car. I'm sure you know how it is if you've ever been screwed by a dealership like I have. I have a refundable deposit currently holding the car until this Tuesday. If anyone in the area can take a look at it for me and tell me their honest opinion on it, that would be great. I would really appreciate it.
    The car again is a 2004 wrx white wagon and is a 5spd. There are 23,000 miles on it and they are asking 17,886, which is a pretty good price considering the miles. What concerns me is why they're asking such a low amount and they obviously aren't going to tell me, so I'd really like for someone who knows a great deal to go out and check it out for me.

The car is located at Bill Kolb Jr Subaru in Orangeburg NY. Their address is 252 Route 303 Orangeburg, NY 10962. I talked to Paul in used cars who is supposedly a manager of some kind, not that it matters. If someone can get out there on Monday, please let me know. Pm or call me on my cell.. (952) 484-8945. My name is Dave and again, I would really appreciate it. I can more details if someone is interested. You can pm your number too and I can pay for long distance call charges. Please help!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey man, I'm just talkin' here... but... you really can't find anything local??

Figure a plane ticket $300
    Gas back home $120-150
    Maybe a hotel room $100-200 (NY ain't cheap)

So for $520-650 plus the cost of the car you can't find anything closer? I'm just sayin'. Good luck.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Paypal me a 100 bucks plus the cost of my gas to get there. An sure, I will launch the car at 9 grand and tell yeh she runs great!

EDIT: Yes I am being sarcastic. But dont you think that anyone who goes for you, the dealer will say "hey, we will give you a 100 bucks if the dude buys the car from us." Your gonna get a car shipped to Minnesota youve never seen?
    Last edited by uncle lewie wrx; 05-20-2006 at 05:46 PM.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    Paypal me a 100 bucks plus the cost of my gas to get there. An sure, I will launch the car at 9 grand and tell yeh she runs great!
    Paypal me another $50 and I'll go with him to make sure he does a good job.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    Paypal me another $50 and I'll go with him to make sure he does a good job.
    JR, I think we got a side business you and I can get into.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    JR, I think we got a side business you and I can get into.
    PM me to discuss.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    pm'd you
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555
    pm'd you
    Pm returned.

It's not like I'd tell them I'm having a total stranger come out and look at the car. I'd say you're my cousin or uncle or something along those lines, ya know? I'm sure they could offer you money to lie to me, but maybe you would be a better person and deny it! Ha, I don't know. No, I have never seen the car in person, but there are several pics on the net. This is ofcourse why I'm trying to find a loyal person to look at the car for me. I'm not about to pay anyone to do anything, hense the favor! I'd offer free lunch to anyone willing to help me on the day I come out and pick it up.

I've been looking all over for this car in this color. There are none! I've found 3 for sale in the whole US. Two are in New York and one is in Utah, I have found non any closer to me or I'd be all over it. I've already determined the cost of what it would be for me to fly out and drive back. I'm not concerned with that, just want to make sure the car is not a lemon.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Dave,
    no problem I will check it out for you

btw pm'd you back
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Andy knows what he's talking about. He'll make sure its in tip top shape.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Dave,

car has been sold
    "All We'll Drive"