Subaru WRX Forum banner

NJ Insurance !!

7K views 38 replies 28 participants last post by  SammichTheStout 
#1 ·
So I take delivery of my 2015 sti in a few weeks. I've been with Allstate for 10+ years and my family have been using them for even longer. I'm 27 turning 28 in July. If I add the car to my parents policy I can expect it to increase an extra $500 / 6months .. WTF!! I can't imagine what I would be paying by myself.

What insurance is everybody using? What kind of prices?

#4 ·
I was with Geico but now with Esurance dropped a little but still expensive just how it is. Do you have any points on your license? I know that with the 08-14 the hatch was considered a wagon and was cheaper compared to the 4dr

#8 ·
Why are we still doing insurance price posts? NO ONE can give you an estimate on what you're going to pay because there's too many factors. If you want to know badly enough, get the VIN and get a quote

Besides you won't get anything cheaper than usaa ;)

#9 ·
I agree ^^^ It's WAY to many variables, scams, etc.. But I'm in Jersey, 23, Geico and have my own policy. I pay about 120 a month. I'm in North Jersey, so its higher due to cars.. Butttt I was able to get a little cheaper because my license is still my mums house in Jackson.. But, since i'll be buying a place soon, better start switching over right!? :sigh:

#11 ·
Don't have my WRX yet, but...

Quote from current insurance (NJM)... $2200/yr
500 ded - Collision
100 ded - other than Collision
$50/day rental
300k liability
medical payments included
extra income included

Quote from Geico... $1950/yr
Coverages are the same
Additional Mechanical Breakdown Insurance

38yr

#16 ·
Im 33 married and pay 132.66 a month for the 15 WRX limited and a 14 Durango Limited. Progressive

500 Deduc across the board, it went up $72 every six months with the WRX vs the GLI but I added gap insurance which I didn't have on the GLI so that was a factor of the additional cost.

#25 · (Edited)
Geico sucks. Amica and USAA are the two top rated insurance companies in the U.S. Amica was not particularly competitive but they have fantastic customer service. Again, I pay $800 for the whole year on my 2016 WRX Limited. Progressive was the closest last time I shopped around. USAA trumps them all. Cost me $2016 for the year for a Lexus LS460 (daily) driver and the WRX as a 2nd vehicle.

#27 ·
I'm 27, with no points on my license (my license has been clean for 2 years now, but in 2010 I had 10 points on my license), 5 years without any points or accidents, I'm paying 1800/yr with Geico...also have Navy Federal and military discounts. I have a 2015 WRX Limited, my LGT previously I was paying $1050 a year on, big difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.