Clear bra install for $650??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Clear bra install for 0?? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; A shop quoted me 0 to do a clear bra install on front bumper, mirrors, partial hood, and fenders. Do ...

Clear bra install for $650??

A shop quoted me $650 to do a clear bra install on front bumper, mirrors, partial hood, and fenders. Do you guys think this is a good deal? How hard is it to install my self? I have seen the kits for around $350-$400

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's not hard to do it yourself.
    You can find some good YouTube videos for install
    $650 at the dealer yikes.
    I made them throw that in when I bought my car.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    $650 not including taxes is not that far off from the going rate for having a shop or a dealership do it.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly if the kit is 400 I think 650 is not too terrible. I tried putting graphics on my trans am back in the day (hey it was the 90s) and it was a LOT harder than I thought it was going to be. Ended up with bubbles and areas that did not adhere perfectly. The flat areas are easy, its the curves and cuts that are a nightmare. For the extra $250 I would think you'd end up with a better install letting a pro do it.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    if you have the patience, skill, and some friends to help... then I would do it myself and save that $250 for a rainy day... but if you want it done with a peace of mind that a real "pro" had it done for you... I personally would just fork over the cash and call it day... but that's just me...

This is not from a suby dealer. Now the product is venture shield. He anyone heard anything about this product?

I Support ClubWRX
    I haven't done a clear bra install, but my intuition is telling me that it's a PITA.

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Ended up having it installed by the shop. They did an excellent job and were very professional. I would highly recommend them if anyone is looking to get one installed or have their car tinted. They are right outside of philly.

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcon1234 View Post
    Ended up having it installed by the shop. They did an excellent job and were very professional. I would highly recommend them if anyone is looking to get one installed or have their car tinted. They are right outside of philly.
    yay!

post pics later?
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

IF i were to spend 650 on that, id want a good warranty on it or something. just like tint warranties.

That's about exactly what I paid for a shop to do mine... Well worth it IMO...

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Ive heard incredibly mixed reviews and seen prices posted (on here/NASIOC) from 500-800. Crazy to think about spending THAT much money just to "protect" your paint, but I can definitely see it being worth it on the bumper/hood.
    I am fast, to give you a reference point, somewhere between a snake and a mongoose.... and a panther.

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    Ive heard incredibly mixed reviews and seen prices posted (on here/NASIOC) from 500-800. Crazy to think about spending THAT much money just to "protect" your paint, but I can definitely see it being worth it on the bumper/hood.
    thats what im saying! think of all the power or handling you can get for 800! but whatever, diff strokes for diff folks. how much then, are we talking about on a whole clear/color wrap, 2-3000?

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    thats what im saying! think of all the power or handling you can get for 800! but whatever, diff strokes for diff folks. how much then, are we talking about on a whole clear/color wrap, 2-3000?
    an acquaintance of mine paid as much to get his car vinyl wrapped camo as he would have to get it painted a solid color. like $3100
    I am fast, to give you a reference point, somewhere between a snake and a mongoose.... and a panther.

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    an acquaintance of mine paid as much to get his car vinyl wrapped camo as he would have to get it painted a solid color. like $3100
    but is 3100 a good paint job? we talking like fresh out the factory look? or a better aamco job?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.