Tinting Saturday
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tinting Saturday within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So I'm going to get my Windows tinted on Saturday.. I'm still in a tossup about what % to go ...

I Support ClubWRX

Tinting Saturday

So I'm going to get my Windows tinted on Saturday.. I'm still in a tossup about what % to go with.. I was thinking go 5 in the back, and then 15-20 upfront.. But i'm not sure if I'd like the mismatched.. But I don't think it would be too noticeable with the 15-20. Also, my buddy owns a tinting shop in Brick, so I'm having him do it. He said 240 for every window with the highest quality tint ASWF makes. Two questions here. 1) Opinions on tint options. 2) Pricing.. Does that seem like a decent price for here in NJ?? I can ask him for more info on the exact tint if needed as well lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I paid about 240 with lifetime warranty on my lancer. Quality was great though. They were 35 front 5 rear. Arizona law allows as dark as you want in the rear bit 35 front. I didn't mind it
    Stinkeye member 520

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkkInNj View Post
    So I'm going to get my Windows tinted on Saturday.. I'm still in a tossup about what % to go with.. I was thinking go 5 in the back, and then 15-20 upfront.. But i'm not sure if I'd like the mismatched.. But I don't think it would be too noticeable with the 15-20. Also, my buddy owns a tinting shop in Brick, so I'm having him do it. He said 240 for every window with the highest quality tint ASWF makes. Two questions here. 1) Opinions on tint options. 2) Pricing.. Does that seem like a decent price for here in NJ?? I can ask him for more info on the exact tint if needed as well lol

The price is right.
    Check local laws on tint limit.
    Here in Boston it's 35.
    If you go to dark in the front, you'll get tickets.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    The price is right.
    Check local laws on tint limit.
    Here in Boston it's 35.
    If you go to dark in the front, you'll get tickets.
    I can't have anything in the front... So it's all or nothing here. *knock on wood* usually don't get too hassled around here for it and when I had my jeep, I was never bothered. Most cars by me are pretty dark

Sent from my iPhone usin
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -AE

-For when my research is not going to plan, there is always beer and whiskey.
    -Without science, what do we have?

My build: Minimal. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...han-never.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    I paid about 240 with lifetime warranty on my lancer. Quality was great though. They were 35 front 5 rear. Arizona law allows as dark as you want in the rear bit 35 front. I didn't mind it
    Cool, Thanks man! This has a lifetime as well

Sent from my iPhone usin
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -AE

I did 5% rear, and 20% front. You can see a difference, but it's not so bad.

I've seen people with dark all around and they'll say they never have issues. There's a good amount of people who go darker than the law allows.
    As long as you're not being stupid to bring any attention to yourself then you shouldn't have issues. Not to say you wont, because if the cop really wanted to he will pull you over for it
    Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    I've seen people with dark all around and they'll say they never have issues. There's a good amount of people who go darker than the law allows.
    As long as you're not being stupid to bring any attention to yourself then you shouldn't have issues. Not to say you wont, because if the cop really wanted to he will pull you over for it
    Yeah, I'm not too worried about police issues. I know it will happen one day, because there will be a cop out there in that mood.. And coming from a not so street 'legal' jeep, I am totally cool with the risks and what not. But since my price is similar to yours I'm guessing it's not a bad deal, especially here in NJ.. Since it tends to be more here, at least as far as I've seen.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    I did 5% rear, and 20% front. You can see a difference, but it's not so bad.
    awesome, Thanks!

yeah its not a bad deal. I am in utah and im doing all my windows (5% rear and fronts, 70% windsheild) and im paying 205
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

I stand corrected, I have 18% up front. A cop was kind enough to verify that for me today, and issue one ticket for each front window.
    Cops don't normally bother me, or anyone in my area, but I was going into NYC and got spotted

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    I stand corrected, I have 18% up front. A cop was kind enough to verify that for me today, and issue one ticket for each front window.
    Cops don't normally bother me, or anyone in my area, but I was going into NYC and got spotted
    Oh wow.. At least he Clarified if for you.. I drive into the city all the time since I work their, more north in Washington heights.. I wonder if I'm going to get hassled 😔

Sent from my iPhone usin

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamouszoltan View Post
    yeah its not a bad deal. I am in utah and im doing all my windows (5% rear and fronts, 70% windsheild) and im paying 205
    Not a bad gig thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone usin

Hey Mark, theres a local shop that does tints in Fair Lawn, they did mine for $170 and it also has lifetime warranty. I have them on for almost a year and i haven't seen any problems with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkkInNj View Post
    Oh wow.. At least he Clarified if for you.. I drive into the city all the time since I work their, more north in Washington heights.. I wonder if I'm going to get hassled 😔

Sent from my iPhone usin
    From what I've gathered, NYPD is rather strict on enforcing tint laws. I don't know how it works if your from a different state though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.