New to subaru
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New to subaru within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I have never owned a WRX or STI I'm currently shopping for one prefferably stock. Any year 2004-2009. Can anyone ...

New to subaru

I have never owned a WRX or STI I'm currently shopping for one prefferably stock. Any year 2004-2009. Can anyone tell me what to watch out for when shopping for a used wrx or sti?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes I am Mechanically inclined but have never worked on all wheel drive before

Any reason you want those years specifically? The advantages and looks of different model years differ vastly, and again, the WRX and STi vary vastly depending on your goals. Give us a little more info, and we'll gladly help you out!

Its the most affordable years my budget tops out close to 14k if I don't find the stock low mileage wrx I want then I will be getting an 05 STI that I found within my budget it has the Cobb v3 accesport and a protune.

But i think the 05 STI has about 150k on it and i am curious if that will be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by ezra View Post
    Its the most affordable years my budget tops out close to 14k if I don't find the stock low mileage wrx I want then I will be getting an 05 STI that I found within my budget it has the Cobb v3 accesport and a protune.
    That's cheap for an 05STi, and while Accessport and Protune are good to know, if you don't know specific mods on the car you may still want to shy from it.

150k is a lot of miles, and unless it's been recently rebuilt, unless it's stock, I wouldn't buy it.

Not sure which world of cars you're coming from, but subarus are temperamental, and if you're looking for "nice" at 14K then I'd cross STi off the list.

OK thank you, I found a 2 stock wrx both 08 one with 50k one with 65k both under 14 and both stock i have heard there are different body styles that come stock with different suspension options differnt trima and different bumpers. Is this true and if so how should this affect my decision
    I am investing in a WRX for a daily safe 4 door car and of course I would love to roll around at a comfortable 325 to an eventual 400 wheel one day

Quote Originally Posted by ezra View Post
    OK thank you, I found a 2 stock wrx both 08 one with 50k one with 65k both under 14 and both stock i have heard there are different body styles that come stock with different suspension options differnt trima and different bumpers. Is this true and if so how should this affect my decision
    I am investing in a WRX for a daily safe 4 door car and of course I would love to roll around at a comfortable 325 to an eventual 400 wheel one day
    "daily safe" and "400hp" doesn't really happen with these cars without a LOT of money being spent. To get to that power level you'll need a turbo swap at the minimum to get to 325 safely. There's a good thread about it that can be found here. I want 400WHP!!!1!juan!
    The 08 comes with a TD04 Turbo, it's the only year, and it's a "narrow body" as we like to call them. The entire body on this car differs from the '10+ Models, and the turbo is smaller. I provided examples below.

THIS is an '08

THIS is an '11

See the differences? There's a TON more differences between model years 2004-2009, and I'm sure that I can't think of them all, but just remember, any mod needs a tune.

Do you know of any cheap or free mods I can do I have an 08 wrx

So did you buy an 08 within the last 3 days? haha.

Yes I bought a red 08 wrx sedan with 43k miles

I bought it very might sell for a profit nd get a newer model

Hiw do you plan on selling a car for a profit you just bought
    Stinkeye member 520

Bought it extremely cheap I can sell the way it is for prof, but its a good looking car so most likely will keep

Regardless I have a plan matched out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.