WRX/STI v. Evo at Raceway Park (Oct. 25)

This is a discussion on WRX/STI v. Evo at Raceway Park (Oct. 25) within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Just curious if anyone else from the forum is planning going to this? I plan on going to spectate. There ...

WRX/STI v. Evo at Raceway Park (Oct. 25)

Just curious if anyone else from the forum is planning going to this? I plan on going to spectate.

There is also another WRX v. Evo day in November. That date is also import v. domestic. When I had my Cobra I used to go to these all the time, but haven't been there in a few years. They are always fun.

Sent from my iPhone
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Is this a legitimate track day or just a drag race?

If the latter, that's like watching two fat kids race each other in the mile.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Lol! In October it's likely both since Raceway has both a 1/4 mile track and an auto cross course.

Sent from my iPhone
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

I haven't been out there since I ran my first STI...it'd be nice to check it all out again.

Usually ends up being all Evos that show up though.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I haven't been out there since I ran my first STI...it'd be nice to check it all out again.

Usually ends up being all Evos that show up though.
    Seeing a ton of Evos certainly isn't what I'm going for, but I figure I might as well check it out. If it sucks, then I'll know better for next year!
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

I have never been to an Evo vs. Sti before. Now that i know the date i will make an effort to head down and check it out. Gotta wash up the car and clean it up.

I plan on going. it's usually worth spending the day at. normally there are about a dozen or so subarus there racing but countless in the parking lot. be prepared to be a little upset evos run faster the whole time.