Moving to Philly in a month
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Moving to Philly in a month within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey guys, I'm getting ready to move across the country for a few years. I'll be going to optometry school ...

Moving to Philly in a month

Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to move across the country for a few years. I'll be going to optometry school in Elkins Park, and would like to meet any of the WRX-ers in the area.

Is there anything you guys do to your cars to protect them from the salt? Where I live in CO, salt is not really used, but the car is my DD and was just wondering how to best keep the rust at bay.

Thanks, and I hope to meet you guys soon.

Josh
    Josh
    Blue 08 WRX Limited-Cobb AP Stage 2-AEM CAI-Perrin Short throw/bushings-Turbosmart BPV

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome I don't live that far from philly but come next winter just be sure to wash your car often mainly the underside to prevent rust from the salt kinda hard to totally protect your car other than not driving it during the winter.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

There's pretty much nothing to protect against the salt other than maybe a clear bra or opticoat or something like that.

It's a Subaru...its inevitable that your paint's screwed.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I'm from Philly and I'm always around. Message me when your in town.

i have a clear bra now, so thats cool. yeah my paint is already not so awesome.
    Josh
    Blue 08 WRX Limited-Cobb AP Stage 2-AEM CAI-Perrin Short throw/bushings-Turbosmart BPV

Where in Philly? I grew up around the area. Worked in Philly for 10+ years and lived there for 5 of em...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

My wife and I are buying a house in Elkins Park just off Old York Road and Township Line Road. Real close to where I'll be going to school....so not Philly per se, but close. Its going to be a HUGE change from rural CO.
    Josh

Welcome to the area. The philly art museum meets have just kicked off i hear.
    I haven't been to one yet, but they seem to have a good turn out. Its tuesday nights at 9pm

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.