Must see in person!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Must see in person!!! within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Every time a new gen/refresh comes out, everyone hates it... & than slowly that subaru ugliness creeps up on you. ...

Every time a new gen/refresh comes out, everyone hates it... & than slowly that subaru ugliness creeps up on you. Fast forward a year, everyone loves it lol.

The WRX looks more subtle now. Which IMO i prefer. Im not embarrassed to drive it somewhere and look like a "boy racer". Looks more grownup while still being aggressive.

Driving it as a DD is MUCH improved. Better interior, quieter, better ride comfort, more compliant on our ****ty roads, & MUCH better gas mileage.
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    '09 Exige s240- Blade 300 kit
    07- S2k- For Sale

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shasan546 View Post
    Every time a new gen/refresh comes out, everyone hates it... & than slowly that subaru ugliness creeps up on you. Fast forward a year, everyone loves it lol.

The WRX looks more subtle now. Which IMO i prefer. Im not embarrassed to drive it somewhere and look like a "boy racer". Looks more grownup while still being aggressive.

Driving it as a DD is MUCH improved. Better interior, quieter, better ride comfort, more compliant on our ****ty roads, & MUCH better gas mileage.
    The better mileage is only really seen during thr summer. Even highway has only netted 22-23mpg over the last few months. Summer its about 27-29. This is from personal experience with my wife's 14FXT. There is also a thread where others posted similar results on Subaru forester.org

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    The better mileage is only really seen during thr summer. Even highway has only netted 22-23mpg over the last few months. Summer its about 27-29. This is from personal experience with my wife's 14FXT. There is also a thread where others posted similar results on Subaru forester.org

Well here's the bigger question: Did she change out the tires in the winter? Did she INFLATE the tires in the winter? If tires aren't inflated, they can drop from 35 PSI in the summer to ~25 PSI in the winter. It's amazing how much improvement in fuel economy can be had with tires properly inflated.

That being said, there ARE technical reasons why higher IATs lead to improved fuel economy, but ~25% is unlikely.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post

lmao i don't believe that. Ive never heard of any modern car losing 5-7 mpg b.c of winter. Btw i got 25+ this whole 2 weeks. Even in the cold.
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    07- S2k- For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by shasan546 View Post
    lmao i don't believe that. Ive never heard of any modern car losing 5-7 mpg b.c of winter. Btw i got 25+ this whole 2 weeks. Even in the cold.
    I've definitely lost MPG's over winter all things considered. A lot of what everone notices probably has to do with warming up your car before driving. But I do believe there is validity int he winter gas being different than summer gas effectively robbing you of some mpg's.

Between lower tire pressure, warm up time, and using more gas while coming up to proper operating temp, I would not be so surprised. I don't do significant highway driving, and during the winter....20.X is about all the better I do.

Thats with keeping proper pressure in the tires during the cold weather. Don't know if it's as much as 7 MPG, but easy 3 - 5 MPG difference in the colder months.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Quote Originally Posted by vweater1369 View Post
    I've definitely lost MPG's over winter all things considered. A lot of what everone notices probably has to do with warming up your car before driving. But I do believe there is validity int he winter gas being different than summer gas effectively robbing you of some mpg's.
    the most I've ever seen on any of my cars, including FI'd cars are 1-2 mpg. But i usually get gas from better places that use less/no ethanol blends
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    07- S2k- For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by XRedJar View Post
    I just saw the 15 WRX in person...and I don't like it.....not at all. Looks like a corolla and a volvo had a bastard child.

To each their own, I'm glad I got mine when I did and did not wait.
    Perfectly said! I have seen a few and it does look like they modeled it after the corolla. I am very happy they improved the car however, thEy took a serious step backwards when it comes to the exterior. The only colors I have seen which look -ok- is in black and red.

I am happy with my '14 and as stated earlier, the STi has the 2.5 However, the chasis and interior are better than the current gen.
    Chris
    '14 WRX Crystal Black/SPT CBE/Cobb Stage I

Saw a 15 Wrx and Sti today.. the Wrx wheels are so ugly I can't stand it lol. STI stock wheels are 1000% better.

As far as it looking more aggressive I wouldn't say that. It looks like and evo/Volvo/econo box in the front end and I am not even going to talk about the rear end lol. Nothing stood out to me. It didn't speak to me the was the previous model year. Overall not impressed one bit, but again its just my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
    I am happy with my '14 and as stated earlier, the STi has the 2.5 However, the chasis and interior are better than the current gen.
    How do you figure this? The chassis has been improved TREMENDOUSLY over the 2014!

Facebook me here

Im gonna wait til next year after any kinks need to be worked out. I priced one out and put the options that i want ( base model with the sti front lip, short shifter, and wheels.) and it came out to roughly what i pay now for my 2011. Only if i trade in my car and give $5000 down. Again i like the way it looks. Ive seen a premium model at my dealer with the sti wheels and the full lip kit and it gives the car a different more aggressive look.
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. ProcessWest tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Invidia catted DP. Tsudo CBE. GT spec up-pipe. Tial mv-s ewg. Grimmspeed ebcs. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. STI ssk. ACT stage 2 clutch/pressure plate. StopTech/ Wilwood sport brake system ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r.

zax
    Good plan.

Facebook me here

as far as loosing mpg in the winter i lost just about the same %. until i found 92 octane NON winter blend gas at a station i never really went to before. now im right back into the 20's all the time. fuel made the biggest difference in my 02.

edit. whish the 15 didnt have the evo mocking nose BUT! id own one in a sec. maybe not in the grey if i had a choice and definitely rear lip over wing. other than that the rest is easy. its a brand new car! id be happy if the clutch didnt shudder....
    Last edited by tirerob; 04-27-2014 at 01:42 PM.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123