2014 wrx exhaust

This is a discussion on 2014 wrx exhaust within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; hi! want to replace a exhaust for my 2014 wrx, want single muffler, which brand is the best? also want ...

2014 wrx exhaust

hi!
    want to replace a exhaust for my 2014 wrx, want single muffler, which brand is the best? also want the blow off valve, searching on cobb and hks but dont know which is the best? can anyone offer some ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For blowoff valve question Blowoff Valve (BOV) FAQ

thank you for the link

The invidia is always a good choice on single exhaust. Vendors on the forum can do great pricing

you dont need a BOV. But it's your car do what you want. Tomei Expreme TI and Invidia N1 Race for the exhaust.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

what result will comes out if i install the BOV?

I Support ClubWRX
    Please read the FAQ. If you really want to hear the valve sound get a different intake and a tune. In short the MAF has already calculated the amount of air and since you released the air to atmosphere instead of recirculating it will be off.

How does a BOV / RBV work?
    In new model turbocharged gasoline cars that come from a manufacturer, a recirculating bypass valve is used which plumbs the air back into the intake tract pre turbo and post MAF. This is because the MAF sensor has already accounted for the air blowing out of the intake tract.

If the air is not plumbed back post MAF and instead is VTA (vented to atmosphere) like on a standard BOV, then a rich condition is created during the shift.

Is that rich condition a problem Kevin?
    Yes... Well no... Well... it depends on your opinion. If it's a rich enough condition, then you can stall out... rarely happens on a WRX (unless at idle.. but that's a different cause). The rich condition can cause you to foul your spark plugs and/or your catalytic converter. You can end up "throwing a fireball" if you don't have a catalytic converter in place. That's illegal, dangerous, and can cause a wildland fire. There is also the theory of what is called "cylinder wash". A thin layer of oil is on the cylinder walls. The theory is that excess fuel will degrade the layering of that oil on the cylinder wall by washing it away. In theory this will wear your piston rings and cylinder walls prematurely, and increase the engine operating temperature. I haven't seen factual data to support or debunk the theory.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

thank you for your answer! will do a tune next week!

I have a hks bov for sale