2011 wrx build thread 325awh at 351 torque
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx build thread 325awh at 351 torque within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I just wanted to share my build off of my 2011 wrx. All of the work concerning the actual build ...

2011 wrx build thread 325awh at 351 torque STOCK turbo

I just wanted to share my build off of my 2011 wrx. All of the work concerning the actual build has been done by IAG and i am more than happy with the outcome. IAG will be doing much more work for me in the very near future with my wrx.

Build Reason:

The reason for my build was ultimately do to a negative result of low oil in my wrx that yielded very bad results to say the least .

Prior build history:

Prior to this build i was a simple stage 2 car running Cobb stage 2 (catted downpipe by perrin, AEM CAI and a nameless axle-back muffler delete set-up)

Quick recap of the "bad" moment:

Driving down I81 during the first snow and the car shuts off next to an 18 wheeler forcing me to pull off and wait for 2 1/2 hours for a tow back to my house.

The Build start history:

I was debating on what to do with the car and where to take it to. After calling multiple shops and much debate on the expenses that would soon take place i went with IAG. I went with IAG after talking with Drew and Rick over the course of a few days. I felt much more at ease after dealing with Drew and Rick from IAG and i was sold. I had the car towed to IAG after it sitting in my garage for over a week. Over the course of a few weeks/ a month i had gotten funds together to start the initial process of diagnosing and taking things apart. I knew that they were extremely busy at the shop. I basically had the car towed and let the guys have at it. I called very very few times as Drew and Rick were quick to call me with updates and new findings. As time went on, my parts list grew and grew as i kept adding on goodies to ensure a strong foundation for a proper build for future modifications. These decisions were based off of the excellent help and direction help of Rick.

Destruction findings:

The car ran low on oil with no real warning signs. I ended up spinning a rod bearing in cyl 2 and cyl 2 piston had a ringland that simply fell apart upon inspection, the rod was obviously bad as well.

The parts list for the build

Top end:

GSC Stage 1 cams
    Springs, retainers

No actual head work as of right now other than the cams, springs and retainers

Bottom End:

Manley H Beam rods
    Manley pistons 99.75mm

Cylinders obviously machined to fit the pistons

(Race bearings)

Heat treated crank

Fueling:

Walbo 255 pump
    ID 1000's

Exhaust:

Perrin Catted DP
    Nameless Axleback muff delete
    IAG Un-equal length headers
    IAG Up-pipe
    Perrin Turbo inlet

Intake:

AEM CAI

Intercooler:

Perrin TMIC

Turbo:

Stock turbo (for now)
    Tial 38mm EWG (external dump)

Oiling system:

Killer B Pick-up system

Boost Control:

Grimmspeed EBCS

Odds and ends:

Crawford Air/Oil separator
    Air pump delete
    All race bearings

After having the car tuned at IAG the results were not what i had expected. I was expecting numbers from 280-MAYbe 300 being as i am on stock turbo.

The numbers are as follows:

324awhp at 351 torque (uncorrected)

The car is very fun to drive! AND i am glad i went with a set of cams as they REALLY helped out a lot in reaching those numbers.

My next mods are as follows:

Bigger turbo and STI tranny swap. My next goal is to hopefully be around mid to high 400's with a bigger turbo (i was thinking the 3-xtr? open to suggestions)

Last edited by Scooby_newbie; 03-25-2014 at 03:07 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Transmission:

ACT Heavy Duty modified street.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.