Looking for reputable mechanic near Middlesex NJ

This is a discussion on Looking for reputable mechanic near Middlesex NJ within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Long story short, my 2002 WRX with 50k miles on it is burning oil. The shady dealership I took it ...

Looking for reputable mechanic near Middlesex NJ

Long story short, my 2002 WRX with 50k miles on it is burning oil. The shady dealership I took it to (with a rating of "F" on Better Business Bureau) told me I need $7000 repairs or I can sell the car to them for $1000 *in all cash transaction*. Specifically they said the turbo was blown and the engine needed to be rebuilt because cylinders 2 and 4 were not holding compression.

Original Thread

I see that Precision Tuning is recommended here but that is about 45 miles away from me. I'm in Edison and looking for something a little closer, and not sure whether I should really be driving the car very far. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Akumamotorsports is in Woodbridge
    Precision tuning is a good place . They are both on Instagram .

Awesome, that's also really close to me. Thanks!

Yep. Akuma.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

So it looks like Precision Tuning is closer to me than I thought, they seem to have relocated to Spotswood recently. Going to call first thing tomorrow morning, as they are closed Mondays.

Yes they are in spottswood . Right across from a paint ball place. I've been there they helped me with my AP.. Celo is Real nice guy .. I know sometimes they stay late . If no one answers , you can always stop by if you have time

Quote Originally Posted by gman934 View Post
    So it looks like Precision Tuning is closer to me than I thought, they seem to have relocated to Spotswood recently. Going to call first thing tomorrow morning, as they are closed Mondays.
    Have you been in contact with them yet ?

Yes, dropped my car off yesterday. Waiting to get car back before I give more details, but I will say that they found a totally different explanation for the burning oil smell - a leak in the oil pump.

Glad they were able to help you out . Who did you deal with ?

Well, got my car back today and I am very happy with the work done by Precision Tuning. I felt a lot better the first time I pulled into the lot and saw about 10 blue Imprezas outside, even saw some license plates from other states. The car sounds great, smells great, and runs great.

The staff that assisted me were Melo and Rich. Very helpful guys, they were happy to explain the problems and solutions to me. They got the work done quickly and kept me updated on the status of the car.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Awesome . I'm glad I was able to point you in the right direction and they were able to help you out n fixed your car 😊😊

Glad you had a good experience and that your happy with the turn out.

So the turbo is fine? Cylinder 2 and 4 good? No 7000 of repair?

What dealership did you go to so I know to completely stay away from them.

Akuma

Flat Four Specialties

RT Tuning
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram