Looking for professional tune shop.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Looking for professional tune shop. within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This is for the PA and NJ members, I'm looking for a legit tuning garage that has a 4 wheel ...

Looking for professional tune shop.

This is for the PA and NJ members, I'm looking for a legit tuning garage that has a 4 wheel dyno and is highly recommended. I could try going to some of the local ones around me but I haven't heard much about how well they do and if I'm going to be having people program my car, I want it done right the first time and I don't want to have problems after they tune it....why bother putting the parts on if the tune isn't done how it's supposed to be done, wanna learn from other peoples' mistakes instead of wasting my money getting it tuned over and over cause the place I took it to didn't know what they were doing. Appreciate any help with this.
    Last edited by SuperSonic12; 01-27-2014 at 07:31 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You should look into the e-tuners. Get an accessport, log, you send log, they send map, more logging, another map, more logging, etc.

You will pay a fortune sitting on a dyno to get a tune. The road is your dyno with an e-tuner.
    '14 SWP STI

Quote Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post
    You should look into the e-tuners. Get an accessport, log, you send log, they send map, more logging, another map, more logging, etc.

You will pay a fortune sitting on a dyno to get a tune. The road is your dyno with an e-tuner.
    Not necessarily. The guy I'm going to only charges $500 for a dyno tune flat rate. No matter how long it takes or whether it is open source or tuned with an AP.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Not necessarily. The guy I'm going to only charges $500 for a dyno tune flat rate. No matter how long it takes or whether it is open source or tuned with an AP.
    That's a great deal there, but you may have to look hard to find someone similar around here, especially NJ. So many cars/not enough dynos means premium $$.
    '14 SWP STI

Quote Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post

I did plan on getting the Accessport V3 once I started getting into the upgrade mode, right now I'm just doing research for when I'm ready...still kinda breaking in the car, only has 18,000 miles on it haha. And you are right about finding a garage around here...especially with a AWD dyno....they are a rare find.
    Last edited by SuperSonic12; 01-27-2014 at 09:25 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    If it were me, Akuma Motorsports
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

that would be pretty good for me if they are pretty reliable and know what they are doing, they are only about an hour and a half away from me...i will look into them, thanks.

They are right around the corner from me. I will research and see if i can find any other people that have gone there
    '14 SWP STI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic12
    that would be pretty good for me if they are pretty reliable and know what they are doing, they are only about an hour and a half away from me...i will look into them, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by AFP520
    They are right around the corner from me. I will research and see if i can find any other people that have gone there
    John's been around for a while...he used to be the calibrator at Precision Tuning, then was hired by Cobb for a few years, then started Akuma.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

oh really?? So in other words, this place should know what they are doing, especially if the one guy was hired by Cobb...on their website right now and researching a few other places as well but liking at the moment. thanks guys for info so far.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    If it were me, Akuma Motorsports
    +1

Akuma is good.

R/T Tuning in Lansdale, PA

Precision Tuning in Brick, NJ
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

im in nj but im taking my car to efi

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    +1

Akuma is good.

R/T Tuning in Lansdale, PA

Well so far Akuma is in the lead for which place to go to when I'm ready to tune. those other places came up when i did a google search for tuner garages and I will be checking out their websites and asking them questions

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    They are now in Spotswood.
    '14 SWP STI

Akuma Motorsports has closed down. I live down the street from them. I had my car tuned by them and it runs great. Good all around tune, its unfortunate they shut down.
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. ProcessWest tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Invidia catted DP. Tsudo CBE. GT spec up-pipe. Tial mv-s ewg. Grimmspeed ebcs. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. STI ssk. ACT stage 2 clutch/pressure plate. StopTech/ Wilwood sport brake system ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast