Looking for professional tune shop. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Looking for professional tune shop. within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by SubiesaurusWRX Akuma Motorsports has closed down. I live down the street from them. I had my car ...

Quote Originally Posted by SubiesaurusWRX View Post
    Akuma Motorsports has closed down. I live down the street from them. I had my car tuned by them and it runs great. Good all around tune, its unfortunate they shut down.
    awww man, that sucks...I really wanted to go there once I had my upgrades on, luckily there were a few more I was told about that do a pretty decent job so guess I'll have to try those when I'm ready. Know the reason why they closed up shop??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was told by a friend they closed down because the owner was having some personal troubles, but, I don't know the whole story so I really can't say much. This summer im taking a long weekend to Maryland and having my car tuned by IAG performance. Im going to do a few more things before hand and when im ready head down. My boy is on the Nasioc forums and he is the biggest subiefreak i know. He says there the best on the east coast.
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. ProcessWest tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Invidia catted DP. Tsudo CBE. GT spec up-pipe. Tial mv-s ewg. Grimmspeed ebcs. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. STI ssk. ACT stage 2 clutch/pressure plate. StopTech/ Wilwood sport brake system ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r.

ohhh, well these things happen I guess. good luck with the upgrades and tuning. If all works out after, let me know and maybe I will take a look into IAG Performance. I'm putting exhaust and intake on in a few weeks and doing the Cobb Accessport till I can get to a good tune shop.

That is a good starting route. Im sure most members can agree with me. Most people start there "basic" mods with an intake, downpipe, catback, and the cobb ap. You can recieve pretty good numbers with those entry level mods.
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. ProcessWest tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Invidia catted DP. Tsudo CBE. GT spec up-pipe. Tial mv-s ewg. Grimmspeed ebcs. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. STI ssk. ACT stage 2 clutch/pressure plate. StopTech/ Wilwood sport brake system ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r.

yeah that's what I'm hoping, I'd like to get as close to 300 HP or alittle over if I can. I pretty much just did alot of research on here and tried to find out what everybody was happy with the exhaust and intake and I think it should work out pretty good with the Invidia Q300 tubroback and Cobb intake running together.

Found this over on Nasioc...Closed indeed, but to reopen in NY at a later time...sounds like there's a lot behind the scenes we don't know.

AKUMA Motorsports INFO/MOVE - NASIOC
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Thanks for heads up Milkie, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for later info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12