Vanity Plate Question - PA

This is a discussion on Vanity Plate Question - PA within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey all this might be a dumb question but gonna ask anyway since i couldn't find a definitive answer. TO ...

Vanity Plate Question - PA

Hey all this might be a dumb question but gonna ask anyway since i couldn't find a definitive answer. TO get a vanity plate (at least in PA) you need the title number for the car but I am still paying on it so i don't actually have the title. Do you need to own the car to get a vanity plate or could I just say call the dealership/loan company to get the number. Not sure how that works, thanks in advance?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The title number is on your registration card.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    The title number is on your registration card.
    He's right, and no you don't need to own the car to get a vanity tag. I remember when I filled out the form it gave you three choices if one wasn't available. I called the state DOT and talked to someone on the phone who was nice enough to tell me what was already taken so I wasn't wasting choices/time doing it.
    '14 SWP STI

Thanks guys, of course that was the only place i didn't think to look. Yeah i check it out online and shows my first choice ins'nt taken but ill put a second one on there just incase.

Quote Originally Posted by mugentheman215 View Post
    Thanks guys, of course that was the only place i didn't think to look. Yeah i check it out online and shows my first choice ins'nt taken but ill put a second one on there just incase.
    I haven't lived there in a few years, didn't know you could do it online now. That's pretty damn neat. The two things I miss most about PA: Only 1 license plate on the car, out-of-state tickets didn't do **** to your driving record.
    '14 SWP STI

Ha ha yeah you can go online and type it in and it will tell you if its open, and i agree best part about PA only a rear license plate