1st Annual North NJ Go-Karting Meat. Pole Position Raceway, Jersey City, NJ

This is a discussion on 1st Annual North NJ Go-Karting Meat. Pole Position Raceway, Jersey City, NJ within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I've been bouncing this idea off a few of you and it seems to be pretty well received. I'd really ...

I Support ClubWRX

1st Annual North NJ Go-Karting Meat. Pole Position Raceway, Jersey City, NJ

I've been bouncing this idea off a few of you and it seems to be pretty well received. I'd really like to get a meat going for next year (March or April) to Pole Position Raceway in Jersey City, NJ.

I've been to this place and it's pretty awesome. We had 12 guys there for a bachelor party kick off (which ended in NYC later that night) and it was easily the hit of the whole day.

There are a few ways we can do this:

1) We show up and race. This is a pay by race option and They are $25 for first one (includes the $5 day-license) and $20 after that. You can race as much as you want, but you're chancing how much you can race by how many people are there. Going back to my experience: we got there when they opened at 11, raced twice right off the bat, then waited 2 hours to have our 3rd race. So we did 3 races and ended up paying $70 with tax.

2) Adult group racing packages. This is what I would suggest we do if we get enough people. Details are here.. This is optimal because we can reserve a time (with 50% up front) and have a track to ourselves without having anyone outside our group to deal with. "Grand Prix" and "Super Pole" are my two choices as that gives you a timed practice (Super Pole gives you a second practice), qualifier (grid chosen by times in this race and practice times are wiped), and main event (scored by position).

Add ons can be purchased as well such as trophies, catering, and apparel. We had pizza there. Was solid. Totally like a 10 year olds birthday party and brought out the inner child in the group.

For $75 or $95, this is a great opportunity to meat some of the tri-state club members and have a blast. Plus, if you win, with all cars being pretty equal, you get to brag that everyone else doesn't deserve their real cars and to all go buy stanced Mustangs. I'm fairly certain there will be no fun-run leading into this as it's in JC and there are no good roads to drive over there unless they're being sanctioned off as a F1 track, which we all know they won't do for us. Sad times. So I say we meat there and spend the day with an option to continue festivities into NYC or a surrounding area/bar afterwards.

Let me know on here or on PM if you're interested and I'll set up a weekend in 2014.

We do need 8 people at minimum to reserve a group package. We can always add onto that, but let's get those first 8 and I'll make the call.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm in. Pending soccer schedule for Spring though.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I am down.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

karts can accommodate a gentlemen of my stature?
    Last edited by xFalleNx; 11-21-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: engrish
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    karts can accommodate a gentlemen of my stature?
    I see no reason why not, but I will ask upon calling.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I'm in!

I'm going to Pole Position in Jersey City 12/7 @ 5pm!

im in. we need more people
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82