Upstate New York/Syracuse? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Upstate New York/Syracuse? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I just got to Syracuse myself. I'm a freshman attending Syracuse University, and bought my WRX the week before coming ...

I just got to Syracuse myself. I'm a freshman attending Syracuse University, and bought my WRX the week before coming up here. All I can say is WOW, it's cold up here. I'm from Boston, and we have some harsh winters, but nothing like you guys get up here. I'm very glad to have the subie, and not be driving the camaro i traded in for it. On a side note, I just ordered some rally armor mud flaps after seeing how salted the roads are here. Given that I'm at school though, I have no tools to install them. Would anyone in the area be willing to help me out, I'd throw some money in for it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by azw131
    I just got to Syracuse myself. I'm a freshman attending Syracuse University, and bought my WRX the week before coming up here. All I can say is WOW, it's cold up here. I'm from Boston, and we have some harsh winters, but nothing like you guys get up here. I'm very glad to have the subie, and not be driving the camaro i traded in for it. On a side note, I just ordered some rally armor mud flaps after seeing how salted the roads are here. Given that I'm at school though, I have no tools to install them. Would anyone in the area be willing to help me out, I'd throw some money in for it?
    It's just a Phillips Head Screwdriver...they sell an angled one on their website:
    Offset Screwdriver Tool, Rally Armor

It's easier to do with the wheels off, but with that screwdriver, you shouldn't have an issue.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Right. I believe I also need 10mm ratchet, and two flat heads to pop off the pop rivets in the wheel well and under the side skirts. It's about $25 of tools, but the bigger issue is I have nowhere to work on the car. It's in a packed parking garage where there's not even an empty space to sit in and work on it. It's going to be much more trouble than it's worth for me to buy the tools myself and try and work in the parking garage. That's why I wS hoping someone with the tools and an open driveway or garage may be willing to help me out. Otherwise, I got quoted about $50 for the install by a local shop.

I'm engaged to my WRX. kedonot1's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by azw131 View Post
    Right. I believe I also need 10mm ratchet, and two flat heads to pop off the pop rivets in the wheel well and under the side skirts. It's about $25 of tools, but the bigger issue is I have nowhere to work on the car. It's in a packed parking garage where there's not even an empty space to sit in and work on it. It's going to be much more trouble than it's worth for me to buy the tools myself and try and work in the parking garage. That's why I wS hoping someone with the tools and an open driveway or garage may be willing to help me out. Otherwise, I got quoted about $50 for the install by a local shop.
    Hey Azw131,

I live 15 minutes away from Syracuse. I don't know how to install armor rally flaps, but I have the tools and a open drive way to help you out. I don't want any money, just helping out a new person around. Message me, and we'll figure a day when we aren't busy.
    Need help diagnosing check engine codes? Just message me!

Quote Originally Posted by kedonot1 View Post
    Hey Azw131,

I live 15 minutes away from Syracuse. I don't know how to install armor rally flaps, but I have the tools and a open drive way to help you out. I don't want any money, just helping out a new person around. Message me, and we'll figure a day when we aren't busy.
    Thanks so much! I just Pm'd you.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    There's a few more than that up here

PM me if you'd like some info...
    Your box is full, hit me up when you get a chance.

Hi guys, I am located in the Binghamton area but often work in or near Syracuse and see many Wrx/sti's around. I too would be interested in a meet
    Last edited by Cond; 01-27-2014 at 05:46 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cond
    I am located in the Binghamton area
    Sorry to hear; I was there from 2004-2007, and it's a pretty depressing city. The one saving grace was Cyber Cafe West on Main St next to Wendy's. They had a decent tap selection and a bunch of live music.

UNYSOC

Yes completely agree it is pretty depressing lol. I'm sure it has been mentioned somewhere in here but would anyone happen to know of a decent mechanic in the general upstate/Syracuse area that knows turbo'd subbies?

Any one in the albany area?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xRisk
    Any one in the albany area?
    See the UNYSOC link in my signature.

UNYSOC

Another one from Binghamton but go to Syracuse a lot. Dino BBQ and Destiny USA. Would love to go to a meet up.

I am in the Buffalo area and would love to do a meet soon. Meet at Southgate plaza on union??

Quote Originally Posted by teamvisionvip View Post
    I am in the Buffalo area and would love to do a meet soon. Meet at Southgate plaza on union??
    Finally some one in the buffalo area, would love to do a meet need to get some more subsides!
    2013 Subaru WRX OBP, COBB Stage 2 OTS, Invidia Catless DP, K&N Typhoon Intake, Nameless Performance Axel Back

i am down whenever you say the words and i am there lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast