Upstate New York/Syracuse? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Upstate New York/Syracuse? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by kedonot1 Sweet, more locals! And I'll be in Utica tomorrow to pick up my WRX. :P I'm ...

Quote Originally Posted by kedonot1 View Post
    Sweet, more locals!

And I'll be in Utica tomorrow to pick up my WRX. :P I'm there frequently.
    anytime you wanna meet up, send me a PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Utica is only about an hour from me. Well it seemed like an hour last time I went to albany. I was hauling ass to make up some time.

Ft. Drum is more like 2 hours, lol. I have family in Watertown I visit quite often. Definitely more than an hour anyway, lol. What kind of car do you drive? I see a lot of WRX's up that way, I may have seen you before.

Silver 02 wagon. I've only seen 3 silver wagons up this way. 2 of them are in my driveway lol

Nice, I've seen a black wagon, and i think a blue sedan IIRC. NY seems to be a hot spot for rex's, There's quite a few 05-13's down here. There's about 7 including mine that I see every day.

On Ft. Drum there has to be an easy dozen subys or more. I know two of them. We just got a new one at my company. 08+ sti. Looking sexy sitting in the parking lot. No idea who is it, but I will track him/her down someday creaper style. I am trying to get a couple of my buddys to come up from PA. We want to doing the Saranac brewery tour. Couldn't think of a better way to act like a tourist.

Yea, you have to be a craft beer drinker to do that for sure, I'm more of a Budweiser kinda guy, but it is a good time if you get a bunch of people to go.

Albany, checking in.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkas
    On Ft. Drum there has to be an easy dozen subys or more.
    There's a few more than that up here

PM me if you'd like some info...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellajdmjon
    Albany, checking in.
    Jon with the '04 red wide body? If so, used to see you now and again on 20 by the shop your car was at after the accident (stopped in once to inquire about powdercoating my BBSs and recognized it). I used to live about a mile from there...
    Last edited by EJ257; 01-21-2014 at 05:36 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Around '87-'89 I used to drive a '85 or so Plymouth Duster from Ft. Drum to the "Lost Horizon" club in Syracuse. Saw a ton of killer metal bands there. This was the first place on the East coast I could find Corona and they went for $5 a pop back then (quite pricey in those days). That car was actually pretty good in the snow, driving down RT 13 towards Oneida...

Then I went to South Korea and a couple months later my old unit went to Kuwait.

I wouldn't mind driving my WRX up to central NY in the fall, some beautiful scenery there.
    2013 WRX Premium Hatch DGM

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6roars
    Around '87-'89 I used to drive a '85 or so Plymouth Duster from Ft. Drum to the "Lost Horizon" club in Syracuse. Saw a ton of killer metal bands there. This was the first place on the East coast I could find Corona and they went for $5 a pop back then (quite pricey in those days). That car was actually pretty good in the snow, driving down RT 13 towards Oneida...

Then I went to South Korea and a couple months later my old unit went to Kuwait.

I wouldn't mind driving my WRX up to central NY in the fall, some beautiful scenery there.
    Fall is about as late as you'd want to make the trip back up to Drum. Two weeks ago, there was 4' of snow dumped in about a 48 hour period (about a week after a major ice storm that devastated the area)...

If you were to come this far, make your way to Lake Placid and the Adirondacks...fall is gorgeous there.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Fall is about as late as you'd want to make the trip back up to Drum. Two weeks ago, there was 4' of snow dumped in about a 48 hour period (about a week after a major ice storm that devastated the area)...

If you were to come this far, make your way to Lake Placid and the Adirondacks...fall is gorgeous there.
    True facts, I spend a lot if the winter in Lake Placid too. Can't beat whiteface with the snow they've been getting the past 5 years or so, plus snowmaking gas come a very long way.
    Stink Eye Mob #596
    2011 OBP WRX
    Mods to come this summer!

I'm engaged to my WRX. kedonot1's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, Lake Placid is absolutely amazing/pretty. I wanna drive up there this fall with the subbie. But, does everyone store their WRX's during the winter in New York? I've only seen 2 WRX's the last month.. A 2002 WRX and a 2011 WRX. But during the summer, you usually see them a lot or so.
    Need help diagnosing check engine codes? Just message me!

Mine is an all season vehicle. I bought it with New York winters in mind, lol. I see a bunch around here in winter mode.
    Stink Eye Mob #596
    2011 OBP WRX
    Mods to come this summer!

I'm engaged to my WRX. kedonot1's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWRX View Post
    Mine is an all season vehicle. I bought it with New York winters in mind, lol. I see a bunch around here in winter mode.
    Hm, weird! I used to check everyones wrx and sti's out...until i bought my own lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Need help diagnosing check engine codes? Just message me!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast