Dealers in Buffalo NY - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Dealers in Buffalo NY within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; That's per month in the payment...

That's per month in the payment

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's almost that time to own my first wrx. I've talked to Van Bortel and they're selling wrx ' s 500 below invoice. Does Northtown or west Herr sell below invoice too? I may just have to go in and ask but maybe someone would know. Thanks

I just bought mine from Van Bortel. That dealership is incredible. All professionals, no young kids for salespeople. Since their pricing is just about fixed (500 below invoice), there is no sales pressure and no competition between the sales guys. They work for you and find what you're looking for. When I went back to pick up my car (you have to schedule a pickup date so they can prepare your paperwork), I was out of there in about 30 minutes. They had everything prepared and ready for me when I got there. They also took care of the registration, insurance, and everything. In fact, when I got back home, my new insurance card was already in my mailbox! These guys know what they're doing.

I shopped Northtown and West Herr and neither would match Van Bortel's price. They just said "sorry, we're selling at MSRP". And that was it. I guess I can't blame them, since they only had 1 or 2 WRX's on their lot so they had no incentive to sell below invoice.

If I had it to do all over again, I would not hesitate for one second to go back to Van Bortel. Best dealership I've ever been to. Talk to Vince. He'll take care of you. Tell him Andrew from Buffalo recommended them to you.

Thanks for your comment. I've been in contact with vince and waiting for 2015 pricing. Do they sell all their cars for 500 below or is that specials that are run? They seem great already and I didn't even go there in person yet

They've had the 500-below-invoice deal going for many many years. I think they sometimes run other specials for discounts even MORE than that, but I'm not 100% certain. As far as I can tell, they don't sell anything at or above invoice.

One thing that surprised me when I went into the dealership is that it was WIDE open. They had little tables set up in the showroom where they conducted business. They didn't have separate cubicles or offices. Vince said that since they really don't haggle over prices, they don't have to worry about the customers overhearing other conversations where people might be getting a better deal. So the sales guys don't hide from each other. Seems to make sense to me. Everyone seemed very pleasant and anxious to help, but don't jump all over the customers when they walk in the door.

I was there twice and both times the weather was horrible. Even still, the place was PACKED with customers and people were test-driving cars all day long. Every other dealership should take notes on how Van Bortel conducts their business, because it's top-notch. Honestly, even if I could have ****ered with another dealership for a couple of hundred bucks less on the car price, it would not have been worth my time or effort. Haggling like that with a dealership is usually like getting a root canal and you have to literally sit there all day going back and forth with "the manager" just to knock a few bucks off. And even then, you usually end up leaving the dealership in a bad mood. With Van Bortel, I felt like I got a very fair deal, without any hassle, and felt like I actually built a positive relationship with them.

And no, I'm not related to any of their employees. I'm just a huge fan of how pleasant the whole car-buying experience was this time around. It's usually just the opposite.
    Last edited by Drew_V; 02-19-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Last year I shopped around for a 14 FXT for the wife. Here are my experiences.
    Northtown- at first glance the offer was great, but I added everything up and they were the most expensive and farthest away from me so I didn't go.
    West Herr - scheduled a time to do a test drive came back to talk price and was informed that the very car we drove had been sold before we got there... Wtf I shouldn't have been able to test drive it.... That coupled with other BS and I'll not go there.
    Spurr - very easy to deal with pricing was slightly better than Van Bortel and they had one K the stock. Got from them since my wife didn't want to wait.
    Van Bortel - great experience. I was going to order from them until I realized Spurr had what the wife wanted.

This month I emailed my previous rep at Spurr and called to leave a message. I haven't heard back in a few weeks.
    Saturday I went to Van Bortel and made a deal on a 14 WRX hatch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.