Precision Tuning in NJ
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Precision Tuning in NJ within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; What's up guys? I recently picked up my first ever WRX hatchback '12 a few months ago and I'm finally ...

Precision Tuning in NJ

What's up guys? I recently picked up my first ever WRX hatchback '12 a few months ago and I'm finally about to get some work done on it.. I ordered a Cobb Cat back exhaust and received it a few days ago.. I live in central NJ and heard about the shop Precision Tuning.. I'm new to all of this so I was just wondering, are you supposed to call ahead of time to schedule an appointment to get my exhaust installed or can you show up? It's only 30 minutes away from my house but I still just want to make sure.. Thanks ahead of time. -Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice exhaust, that's what I want. Honestly, you can do it yourself in a shorter amount of time it would take you to drive there, have the work done, and drive home. Takes 30 min max to install. Super easy. If you still rather pay someone to do it, call precision and ask them. Guys there are super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BenchTT View Post
    Nice exhaust, that's what I want. Honestly, you can do it yourself in a shorter amount of time it would take you to drive there, have the work done, and drive home. Takes 30 min max to install. Super easy. If you still rather pay someone to do it, call precision and ask them. Guys there are super cool.
    It's easy even with no experience? I figure it's just a few bolts and screws but still, not sure if I'll be able to get under my car to do it.. Probably will just take it to the shop haha thanks though man

I Support ClubWRX
    I would call before just showing up. A catback install is relatively simple; you just need a way to get the rear end of the car in the air (Rhino Ramps are $40-50 at AutoZone), and then you just need hand tools.

Those same ramps could be used to change your oil, which can help you save $$, and while they will pay for themselves on the CBE install, it's just another reason to consider DIYing.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

there is a shop in toms river that does good work. procom tuning. he's done some work on my car and im pretty impressed.

I Support ClubWRX
    I second the DIY approach, with the money you save on install you could get the ramps and some tools. You could also start a thread in the regional section asking for some local clubdubbers to come help you do it for the price of some beers, this community is very helpful to one another and I have no doubt someone would be willing to give you a hand. Have not heard anything bad about precision though if thats the route you decide to go but i would definitely call first.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Install party! I'm down to help ya
    2013 DGM WRX

Gone but never forgotten
    2009 Volvo C30
    2002 Focus Focus ZX3

Just seeing this now... I could give you a hand with it as well. It's not difficult. If you live local to Precision Tuning in Spotswood, we're almost neighbors - I'm very close to that shop.

Side note - is this the same Precision that was/is in Lakewood? If so, did they move or open a second location?
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Side note - is this the same Precision that was/is in Lakewood? If so, did they move or open a second location?
    When I first went to them to get a clutch done on my 02, they were in brick. It is the same place though yes, just moved.
    '14 SWP STI

Quote Originally Posted by DisrupTer911 View Post
    Install party! I'm down to help ya
    Hey man where in Bergen county?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Screw Precision, they are *******s. I've dealt with them in the past and do not recommend them one bit. They told me they wouldn't touch my Subaru unless they chose the parts for it? Um no this is my car! Go to my boy Lou in Toms River NJ. Awesome guy! Fun to talk to! He knows his stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by TheScooby14 View Post
    Screw Precision, they are *******s. I've dealt with them in the past and do not recommend them one bit. They told me they wouldn't touch my Subaru unless they chose the parts for it? Um no this is my car! Go to my boy Lou in Toms River NJ. Awesome guy! Fun to talk to! He knows his stuff!
    Weird, I've never heard that one before from there...methinks there's more to this story then you are telling.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

No, not really. I brought in my car and told them I was interesting in building it and for future ref, how much it is to tune the car there. They then responded, "We won't tune your car unless we think your parts are top quality. When I asked why they said, they only tune Race Cars.

Do i need to swear on the bible now?

I Support ClubWRX
    DIY, especially for a newer car. The fasteners will be relatively easy to remove. As stated ramps and basic tools are all that will be needed.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 02-03-2014 at 09:15 AM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by TheScooby14 View Post
    No, not really. I brought in my car and told them I was interesting in building it and for future ref, how much it is to tune the car there. They then responded, "We won't tune your car unless we think your parts are top quality. When I asked why they said, they only tune Race Cars.

Do i need to swear on the bible now?
    So what mods did you have?

And yes, you do have to swear on the bible.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.