Tune Shops???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tune Shops??? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Can anyone recommend a good tuning shop in the North Jersey area?? im looking to have a compression and boost ...

Tune Shops???

Can anyone recommend a good tuning shop in the North Jersey area?? im looking to have a compression and boost leak test done....
    Chris
    238 whp on stock turbo - Stage 2
    05 l WRB l WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Isn't Precision Tuning in north NJ?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

No, precision is out by Lakewood.

Akuma is up there though.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Thanks Fellas, appreicate the help!
    Chris
    05 l WRB l WRX

Either one is good. Trek accross the state and hit up RT Tuning...or even head up into Connecticut an hour and a half to EFI.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Mike Botti @ EFI, he tuned mine. One of the most power Stage 2 WRX's recorded on that Dyno 306 WHP 325 TQ, stock internal's, turbo, injectors, running on 93 pump.

Quote Originally Posted by STORMTRP2012 View Post
    Mike Botti @ EFI, he tuned mine. One of the most power Stage 2 WRX's recorded on that Dyno 306 WHP 325 TQ, stock internal's, turbo, injectors, running on 93 pump.
    Nice! im actually going to get it tuned by ECS performance in CT.. but i was recommended a compression and boost leak test before doing so. Subaru of course inflates their prices just like any other dealer does. so i was looking for someone reliable (a good tuning shop) to have that done. i have my uppipe already purchased... just need to get my DP, and have these tests done to make sure all is good, and Stage 2 here i come!

your car ran that hard on stock everything?? i wonder what mine will put out.....
    Chris
    05 l WRB l WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    nay I have bolt ons, GrimmSpeed Lightweight crank pulley, GrimmSpeed Ported N Polished Ceramic Coated Manifolds, Uppipe ( With EWG ), Crosspipe, Grimmspeed EBCS ( Switched to Manual when I went EWG to prevent Wastegate Flutter ) Tial 38mm EWG, DW 65c Fuel pump, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Process West TMIC, Turbosmart Dual Port BoV ( Set to full Recirculating ), Cobb SF intake with box, Cobb Accessport, Invidia Catless Downpipe, Invidia Q300 Axel back with Titanium Tips, Kartboy Short throw. Internals, Turbo, Plugs, and Injectors are Stock. If I did Injectors and E85... GG I'd be at 400 Wheel TQ and probably mid 300 whp, I'm afraid because of the 5 speed I don't want my Trans to grenade on me, maybe after I get a new clutch.

thats like stage 2.7
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by STORMTRP2012 View Post
    nay I have bolt ons, GrimmSpeed Lightweight crank pulley, GrimmSpeed Ported N Polished Ceramic Coated Manifolds, Uppipe ( With EWG ), Crosspipe, Grimmspeed EBCS ( Switched to Manual when I went EWG to prevent Wastegate Flutter ) Tial 38mm EWG, DW 65c Fuel pump, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Process West TMIC, Turbosmart Dual Port BoV ( Set to full Recirculating ), Cobb SF intake with box, Cobb Accessport, Invidia Catless Downpipe, Invidia Q300 Axel back with Titanium Tips, Kartboy Short throw. Internals, Turbo, Plugs, and Injectors are Stock. If I did Injectors and E85... GG I'd be at 400 Wheel TQ and probably mid 300 whp, I'm afraid because of the 5 speed I don't want my Trans to grenade on me, maybe after I get a new clutch.
    Lol, that's a bit more than a normal stage 2 haha.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Lol, that's a bit more than a normal stage 2 haha.
    i was gonna say.... lol im new to turbo's and subaru's, so i was like, what?!?!?
    Chris
    05 l WRB l WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow nice build stormtrp2012... What kinda dyno was this on?

I Support ClubWRX
    Mustang AWD, supposedly a low reading Dyno. the tuner was expecting numbers around 290WHP and a little over 300tq. I mean 306 whp and 325 TQ on all fours isn't bad at all for a 2.5L boosted flat 4 considering it's only bolt-ons.

I mean that's what I'd expect given you have pretty much all bolt ons except for injectors and a new turbo...

You may squeeze out more power if you got some ELHs and got rid of the stock midpipe too.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    I wanted to keep Unequal length for the Boxer Rumble. Midpipe is Ported N Polished ceramic coated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.