Subaru mechanic in Brooklyn, NY
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru mechanic in Brooklyn, NY within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I recently moved to Brooklyn from Los Angeles and now I need to get a clutch replacement on my 2006 ...

Subaru mechanic in Brooklyn, NY

I recently moved to Brooklyn from Los Angeles and now I need to get a clutch replacement on my 2006 WRX Wagon. I went to a highly rated local shop and they quoted me $1700 for the job. I was wondering if anybody on here has any recommendations on a good spot that might be able to get a better price. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

--rO

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sounds like you are better off purchasing the clutch kit yourself online...and just paying for labor. You'll save some seriously loot that way.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Can you suggest some good spots online to get the kit from? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    sounds like you are better off purchasing the clutch kit yourself online...and just paying for labor. You'll save some seriously loot that way.

Rallysportdirect.com has a lot of stuff for good prices. Bostonmotorsports.com...fastwrx.com...jscspeed.com ...

Your best bet would probably be an Exedy OEM replacement clutch kit...and find an OEM style flywheel.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

If you are willing to travel to NJ, AZP installs in NJ is very good place. They even advertise their charges on their website Welcome to AZP Installs

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Rallysportdirect.com has a lot of stuff for good prices. Bostonmotorsports.com...fastwrx.com...jscspeed.com ...

Your best bet would probably be an Exedy OEM replacement clutch kit...and find an OEM style flywheel.

I'll give them a shout and see what they would charge, thanks for the info!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.