Anyone w/ mods have warranty service done at Steve Moyer or Becker Subaru?

This is a discussion on Anyone w/ mods have warranty service done at Steve Moyer or Becker Subaru? within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I live outside Reading, PA and would like to use one of those 2 dealers to service my BRZ. I'd ...

Warranty service w/ mods at Steve Moyer, Lancaster or Becker Subaru?

I live outside Reading, PA and would like to use one of those 2 dealers to service my BRZ. I'd like to install some bolt ons (header, intake, catback) but I'm worried the dealer will give me issues if I need warranty work done. I understand dealers vary in how lenient they are regarding mods and just was wondering if anyone who has preformed light mods on their vehicle has any experience with how cooperative either Steve Moyer or Becker Subaru service centers have been. Appreciate any input! Thanks.

[edit] Forgot to list Lancaster Subaru...interested in hearing about them as well.
    Last edited by ng4330; 04-16-2013 at 09:13 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Becker tends to be an issue, or at least they used to be. People in LV area with more mods tend to go to Faulkner. Fred Beans in Doylestown sells aftermarket parts, and even cars that have some of these parts on, so they might be a good bet if Steve Moyer doesn't end up sounding reassuring.
    2000 LGT | 2007 STi

Quote Originally Posted by sti27cbrd View Post
    Becker tends to be an issue, or at least they used to be. People in LV area with more mods tend to go to Faulkner. Fred Beans in Doylestown sells aftermarket parts, and even cars that have some of these parts on, so they might be a good bet if Steve Moyer doesn't end up sounding reassuring.
    Thanks for the info! Faulkner would be do-able for me I think. Forgot to ask about Lancaster Subaru...they would be fairly close for me as well if anyone has had any experience with them. Let me know...thanks!

I know it's been a couple weeks but Welsh Subaru in Limerick has done warranty work on my WRX with bolt-ons and a pro-tune.

Thanks for the info! Any suggestions are welcome...I'd like to have a few options in the area in case I run into problems with the local dealer.

I Support ClubWRX
    My $.02...

I would keep the recommendations for dealerships that fraudulently file warranty claims quiet. We know it happens, but if the service manager does you a solid, and you go and get in him trouble (you don't think SoA looks on the enthusiast boards?), that's pretty crappy...if you want to recommend a dealership, do so via PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

well, I certainly wasn't referring to any fraudulent claims. it is probably more well-known that dealerships will deny warranty claims for unrelated mods, and I assumed that is what the OP was trying to avoid. working with SOA to resolve an issue on an improperly rejected claim is a lot more of a PITA than simply using a dealership that doesn't try to get out of work they should be doing.
    2000 LGT | 2007 STi