The future of the Victory Meet thread - Page 3

View Poll Results: How should future Victory Meets be held? Only one vote permitted

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make the meet invitation only

2 8.33%
  • Find at least one more lead fun run driver and break up the runs based on turnout

14 58.33%
  • Forego the runs altogether and drive straight to Victory after Marsh Creek

1 4.17%
  • Bouncing C-cup bewbs!

7 29.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on The future of the Victory Meet thread within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; How the heck did I miss this thread??? Well, I hope we keep it going...and I feel like we are ...

How the heck did I miss this thread???

Well, I hope we keep it going...and I feel like we are long overdue for another one. I know me and some of the other closer locals have been discussing going ourselves anyway in the near future since one hasn't been held in awhile, but we haven't put that together either (Of course we'd let you know Bill!).

Regardless, I voted for bouncing C-Cup bewbs. But I'm disappointed cause I really like Ds.

And if need be, I feel like I could lead the fun run simply cause I've been on plenty of them.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You have a PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

As mentioned before, I'd gladly lead as well. I actually led the Dogfish Head Fun Run since Zax' car was not in fun run condition
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    As mentioned before, I'd gladly lead as well. I actually led the Dogfish Head Fun Run since Zax' car was not in fun run condition
    A PM coming your way ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

How many leaders will we need? I'll volunteer as well.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

It's definitely worth it scarmack!!

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kprugbyplaya View Post
    I'll purchase a drone with my DSLR attached to it.
    I'll borrow a scan eagle or pred from work. I doubt they'll mind

Quote Originally Posted by kprugbyplaya View Post
    I'll purchase a drone with my DSLR attached to it.

btw im down.
    I've been wanting to make one follow me or my friends on the slopes for a while. Your idea has doubled it's marketability!

I'm down as long as it's not memorial day weekend sunday.
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

as someone that has never been on any "fun run" with a group i think that you should post a sign up thread for your runs. that way the newbs that want to go have the chance and the old timers that have done this alot also have that chance. i think that if you do it this way you will still get the turn out that you want and you probably wont see the "asshats" jsut because they wont look. just my 2 cents. btw if you do another run any time soon let me know ive been dying to get out and show my baby off a little.

Quote Originally Posted by 12wrxphilly View Post
    as someone that has never been on any "fun run" with a group i think that you should post a sign up thread for your runs. that way the newbs that want to go have the chance and the old timers that have done this alot also have that chance. i think that if you do it this way you will still get the turn out that you want and you probably wont see the "asshats" jsut because they wont look. just my 2 cents. btw if you do another run any time soon let me know ive been dying to get out and show my baby off a little.
    some people who attend the meet are not on the forum so wouldnt be able to sign up, but they could sign up at the meat itself. maybe signing "not to be an asshat" on the fun run. can get a list going of name, car color, make, year, model, age, username. can make a list online on like the first page so like a preregister type of thing and then have a list for people who show up at meet randomly. sure some people wont sign up, maybe because they dont care or just honestly forget/dont know. that way there can be some statistics of the fun run afterward and then can also check off, using the list, who went to victory afterwards. also can take note of asshat drivers during fun run lol.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

not defending any d-baggery at all, but you have no liability from these. the meets are "at-will". attendees choose to come to a meeting point and choose to follow at their own risk. post a disclaimer if you have concerns. present this as no one person being in charge, but a collective decision with each person accepting individual responsibility. there is a destination meeting point so if others choose to follow you, instead of going on their own, they accept responsibility, etc, etc. take down plate numbers and ban d-bags if it comes to that.
    being newer, i'm sure this doesn't count, but, of course, i'm for breaking it up into segments rather than invite-only.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    On another note, Sasquatch im holding a Sly Fox meet, the info has already been posted, but hope to gain more of a view from the leaders perspective to see how to make these runs safer and work better. Hoping for a good turnout but not too big since this is my first meet im holding.
    Is that invite-only? Love Sly Fox.

The only issue is that there is someone in charge, Bill (Sasquatch) and if somebody does something to cause issues with us, and especially Johnny Law, its not going to be pretty. If you mess things up for us, we may disappear you. With Johnny Law, and the organizer of the event is responsible and I dont even want to know the outcome of that. Here's an idea. Everyone signs a waiver that if they drive like an asshat, they get roshambo-ed by everyone else until they apologize and promise to never do it again.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    I think if you break it up into different groups with different drives... that'd be the best option.

Another option...... (maybe a blasphemous one....) I don't know how your community is, but what about if you requested a police presence at the car meet? Communities in my area are usually willing to be involved in things like this. The "take it to the track" public night at Bandimere usually attracts the State Troopers, almost all local sheriff's departments, and a few local police departments. They like making a positive influence. A car meet I used to go to in Denver always had a Denver cop or two show up, be cool with the kids (it was a younger crowd there) and looked impressed with the cars, and always had some car talk.

Just the fact that the local PD would know about the meet, and show their face... that would be a GREAT deterrent to prevent people from acting like ID-10-Ts.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123