Westchester-First Unofficcal Meet at CROTON DAM - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Westchester-First Unofficcal Meet at CROTON DAM within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; well first off dont go to a AAA shop as they're not allowed to install parts the customer brings in. ...

well first off dont go to a AAA shop as they're not allowed to install parts the customer brings in. If you know what exhaust you want go buy it then just find a shop in your area that'll install it. Not sure any shop will warranty a part other than the manufacturers warranty. Just call around.

Our point is that its such a simple thing to do, any shop could be trusted with the work. And no shop springs to mind because its something most of us would do ourselves so we haven't sought out a shop that'll do it.

Also, you should have started your own thread about this.
    Last edited by veteran011; 01-09-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    WARNING: Has Dumb Ideas

Dab of Oppo anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by veteran011 View Post
    Isn't that the day of the Super Bowl? I personally don't care but others may.
    No worries...we're cool for Saturday Feb 2nd Croton Dam at 12 noon....the Super Bowl is Sunday Feb 3rd on CBS...figure after all the game hype and BS....the kickoff will be around 6:40PM....like to see the Seahawks and Broncos in the big game
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

I'd like to see you install an exhaust in a parking lot covered in ice when it's 30 degrees with one jack and no tools lol

I guess it just blows my mind there are so few performance shops. I just moved here from Phoenix where I had a handful of performance shops and built trust with a shop. I was hoping for a similar chance here. But all I get is cold ass weather and woods.. Sad day
    Last edited by rockstar4l; 01-09-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar4l View Post
    I'd like to see you install an exhaust in a parking lot covered in ice when it's 30 degrees with one jack and no tools lol

I guess it just blows my mind there are so few performance shops. I just moved here from Phoenix where I had a handful of performance shops and built trust with a shop. I was hoping for a similar chance here. But all I get is cold ass weather and woods.. Sad day
    Gimme 50$ and I'll install it for you, partially to stop hearing all the bickering, and also to dis-continue the thread-jacking.

Exhausts are one of the easiest things to install on these cars (im assuming you're going with a cat-back, something that does NOT need to be tuned for). Lay on ur back under ur car and its literally rite infront of you. Surely enough its as easy as it sounds, unbolt the nut, take piping apart, match new exhaust up to exhaust already on the car, put the bolts through the flange holes, and tighten it down.

I'm 99% sure that even any gas-station mechanic would have no problems installing a cat-back, its seriously not too in depth, a downpipe I'd understand.

No thanks man

yeah I did my exhaust myself. this was the first time I did an exhaust. did it with just one jack, a couple of common tools, 6PM at night outside my garage at 35 degrees last November.

If you're a member of S.L.O.W on facebook, you might want to ask those guys. they know the area better and might know places where you can get your catback installed. I can suggest one in Cornwall, NY. Stimulated Motorsports is the name of the shop. search it in facebook.
    2012 DGM WRX Base

Thanks man I appreciate a shop name!! You did the exhaust in the dark? You must have really wanted it on lol I just ordered the invidia q300 today

Hopefully I can show you it at the next meet

yeah man. it was quite hard to find at the time and when it did, it was missing a pipe (took 3 weeks after to get the whole part) so i was definitely itching to get it done. bring it over to the croton dam meet so we can see it!
    2012 DGM WRX Base

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.