Westchester-First Unofficcal Meet at CROTON DAM - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Westchester-First Unofficcal Meet at CROTON DAM within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by pmacey @ PalisadesWBL: DAM Awesome photos thanks for sharing! Thinking of having the next meet at Croton ...

Quote Originally Posted by pmacey View Post
    @ PalisadesWBL: DAM Awesome photos thanks for sharing!
    Thinking of having the next meet at Croton Dam more towards the end of February, how does Saturday February 23rd look for everyone?
    (Honeys (aka Croton Tavern) will have their new expanded space open then where I can arrange seating for us all)
    This won't work for me. I'll be out of the country from the 9th til March 3rd.
    2012 DGM WRX Base

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by veteran011 View Post
    Not sure of the name of that PARTICULAR street but i know some other back roads across Quaker Bridge that have a few yumps. I'll take you guys to them for sure!

Just remember that Raptors can bend their frames easy when jumped! Are Ford Raptor frames too weak for off-roading?
    "Easy?" Hardly. The cases of them bending are at very high speed on large bumps/jumps. Please post accurate information!

'Thrill Hill' is actually near the end of Applebee Farm Road, just before it hits the intersection that takes you to Teatown Lake Reservation. It's better coming from that intersection side as you'll definitely catch more air
    I didn't realize people still call it that. I used to live on Journey's End Rd which is about another mile or two down the road past the hill. That hill used to be much better about 20 years ago before they repaved it. You used to very easily get all four wheels airborne and then the paving job smoothed out the top/lip of the hill.

I'm sure since then they've repaved it a few times more, but I wonder if it's better or worse than the awesome hill it was once upon a time.

On a side note, Teatown Lake has the most awesome bass fishing around, but you can only fish it on Father's Day for the tourney. There's actually one lake near there that's even better but nobody has been allowed to fish it since I was a kid. Me and my siblings were actually the reason why they stopped letting people in there. One day we got in a HUGE fight and that was it!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarl View Post
    This won't work for me. I'll be out of the country from the 9th til March 3rd.
    We'll miss ya Carl at the Feb meet, tentatively scheduled for 2/23 ....already looking ahead to the March Meet which I would like to schedule for Saturday 3/23 (my B-Day)
    Enjoy your trip!
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    Looks like the meet was loads of fun! Gorgeous pics of the dam! Hope to be able to get to the February meet.

Westchester-First Unofficcal Meet at CROTON DAM

@ PalisadesWBL: DAM Awesome photos thanks for sharing!
    Thinking of having the next meet at Croton Dam more towards the end of February, how does Saturday February 23rd look for everyone?
    (Honeys (aka Croton Tavern) will have their new expanded space open then where I can arrange seating for us all)
    Sadly, I won't be making the meet either due to college being in session at that time. However, I may be able to make the march meet depending on when I get to cut out for spring break! I'll keep ya posted!

Quote Originally Posted by SubieDoo0531 View Post
    Sadly, I won't be making the meet either due to college being in session at that time. However, I may be able to make the march meet depending on when I get to cut out for spring break! I'll keep ya posted!
    Hey Guys...how about moving up the FEB meet at CROTON DAM to Ground Hog Day....Saturday Feb 2nd?
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

My pleasure posting the pics. And Feb 2 sounds good to me.

Woohoo Feb 2 FTW!
    2012 DGM WRX Base

Hey Im from cortlandt, Do you guys know somewhere where I can get an Exhaust Installed? Im not really trying to drive an hour to Conneticut to go to EFI unless its the only choice. My only expierences have been negative so far, so im just wondering wher eyou guys got your stuff installed? I prefer doing mods myself but I dont have a lift and it is collllld outside so Id rather get it done professionaly. Any suggestions for a good shop that will do it right?

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Westchester-First Unofficcal Meet at CROTON DAM

If its just a catback I would think any competent auto mechanic could do it. It's just a matter of taking off the old exhaust & bolting on the new one & aligning it. It can be done without a lift even.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar4l View Post
    Hey Im from cortlandt, Do you guys know somewhere where I can get an Exhaust Installed? Im not really trying to drive an hour to Conneticut to go to EFI unless its the only choice. My only expierences have been negative so far, so im just wondering wher eyou guys got your stuff installed? I prefer doing mods myself but I dont have a lift and it is collllld outside so Id rather get it done professionaly. Any suggestions for a good shop that will do it right?
    I know a guy who does stuff in his driveway and his only about 10 mins from you in Peekskill NY. PM me and ill let you know how to contact him. (professional equipment and knowledge, He installed my downpipe for only $50 and I stood there and joked and laughed with him as he did it. I'd for sure recommend him.

I'm kinda trying to find a place to rely on not just for the exhaust but parts going forward. That's nice of you with the guy, but I want to be able to have a real shop so if something goes wrong I can hold them accountable. I guess I'm paranoid. I know doing the exhaust is easy but nobody has a shop they've taken their car for for an exhaust or something similar?

Hey Guys...how about moving up the FEB meet at CROTON DAM to Ground Hog Day....Saturday Feb 2nd?
    Isn't that the day of the Super Bowl? I personally don't care but others may.
    WARNING: Has Dumb Ideas

Dab of Oppo anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar4l View Post
    I'm kinda trying to find a place to rely on not just for the exhaust but parts going forward. That's nice of you with the guy, but I want to be able to have a real shop so if something goes wrong I can hold them accountable. I guess I'm paranoid. I know doing the exhaust is easy but nobody has a shop they've taken their car for for an exhaust or something similar?
    A lot of us do our own work if possible. If you want your warranty kept then I'd suggest going to a dealer tho that'll obviously be more expensive. You'll also have to buy only "Subaru-approved" parts (I.e. STi or SPT parts).
    WARNING: Has Dumb Ideas

Dab of Oppo anyone?

I dont have a garage and its quite cold outside. I get the concept but ive never changed an exhaust. So theres not one shop that does exhausts? I dont want to bring it to subaru my dealer has been horrible to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.