Westchester-First Unofficcal Meet at CROTON DAM - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Westchester-First Unofficcal Meet at CROTON DAM within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Saturday can't get here soon enough...

Saturday can't get here soon enough

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    Thanks for directions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    wow you just made me 10x more excited to go to this meet.
    CROTON DAM is truly one of the world's best engineering feats from the 1800s, set in a natural gorge that was carved by icebergs from the last ice age...bring your camera to show off your WRX @ CROTON DAM, which was started in 1892 and completed in 1906.

It is 296 feet high and extends another 130 feet below the riverbed. It has a spillway that is 1000 feet long and and the time of it's completion, was the largest and tallest DAM in the world. It holds back almost 20 Billion gallons of fresh water that flows to NYC.

Rumor has it that when NYC first turned on the water taps...blood and bone fragments flowed from the workers who died during it's construction.

We are DAM set for the meet: this Saturday at CROTON DAM @ 12 high noon!
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

Would you guys mind if i invited one of my old Bimmer friends. He's a chill dude. Not stuck up or anything. He just appreciates good engineering of which there should be plenty between his E39, our Scoobies, and the Dam itself!
    WARNING: Has Dumb Ideas

Dab of Oppo anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by veteran011 View Post
    Would you guys mind if i invited one of my old Bimmer friends. He's a chill dude. Not stuck up or anything. He just appreciates good engineering of which there should be plenty between his E39, our Scoobies, and the Dam itself!
    As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier. I believe this meet is open to any auto-enthusiast anyway, and I know if that is so, I will have a buddy with a vette, a mustang, and a Raptor roll with me.

As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier. I believe this meet is open to any auto-enthusiast anyway, and I know if that is so, I will have a buddy with a vette, a mustang, and a Raptor roll with me.
    That is a DAM Yes: the meet is open to all Car FANatics...
    -MACE-

Quote Originally Posted by pmacey View Post
    BTW: off of Applebee Farm road is what we call 'Thrill Hill'...hit 30-40MPH over the hill and your WRX will go airborne...all 4 tires off the ground...the faster you go, the higher you go...hope to see you in February
    What is the actual name of the road? Me and my buddy in the Raptor will be checking this out. =]

What is the actual name of the road? Me and my buddy in the Raptor will be checking this out. =]
    Not sure of the name of that PARTICULAR street but i know some other back roads across Quaker Bridge that have a few yumps. I'll take you guys to them for sure!

Just remember that Raptors can bend their frames easy when jumped! Are Ford Raptor frames too weak for off-roading?

Dab of Oppo anyone?

Not sure of the name of that PARTICULAR street but i know some other back roads across Quaker Bridge that have a few yumps. I'll take you guys to them for sure!

Just remember that Raptors can bend their frames easy when jumped! Are Ford Raptor frames too weak for off-roading?
    I'm very aware of the ford raptor frames bending, thats why we havent just went out and jumped it anywhere yet, If I can jump the STi, I'm assuming the raptor should be fine for one jump

'Thrill Hill' is actually near the end of Applebee Farm Road, just before it hits the intersection that takes you to Teatown Lake Reservation. It's better coming from that intersection side as you'll definitely catch more air
    -MACE-

yep thats the one. i used to drive that road every day. now they moved my office so i dont get to anymore... but i do get rt 129 and rt 18.

Dab of Oppo anyone?

Hey: Looks like we have a decent crowd showing up tomorrow (Saturday January 5th) 12 noon @ CROTON DAM. I'll be a little early to see where we can get the most parking spots together....good size lot right where parking starts once you cross the little bridge over the Croton River, and another decent lot at the far end towards the forest...just look for a bunch of cool looking cars parked together!

My new WRX is in need of a desperate wash and on my older cars: in the winter, I gave them a 'bucket wash' in the garage...not this time....for those of you around the Yorktown/Mahopac area...what is the best 'brushless' car wash around?
    Last edited by pmacey; 01-04-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    -MACE-

Westchester-First Unofficcal Meet at CROTON DAM

The car wash on route 6 before Villa Barone is decent. I believe the name of it is Lupi's Car Wash. It just opened about a year ago. Another decent one is Splash Car Wash, also on route 6, but a bit further up towards Carmel by the K-Mart shopping center.

If anyone else knows of other good ones, feel free to chime in.
    Last edited by SubieDoo0531; 01-04-2013 at 05:12 PM.

its not brushless but Magnottas in White Plains is where i usually would go.

Dab of Oppo anyone?

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    I'll be with you in spirit (as I can my hair done) I'm lucky, where I work in Jersey is 1 mile from a hand car wash and detail place. Just got Son of Godzilla washed at lunch.

Peekskill Hollow Road can get you airbourne in places as well (and killed, loads of blind turns/hills) but, it's a blaaaaast!

Hey PM, I can just jump on the Taconic South from Route 301 in Kent also can't I? That's closer than going to Anville Circle for me.

Have fun guys (I'm assuming guys, but hopefully there'll be some 'girl power' there as well)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.