Westchester-First Unofficcal Meet at CROTON DAM - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Westchester-First Unofficcal Meet at CROTON DAM within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by OakFF252 May I join? Haven't chilled with any gearheads in a loooong time. I would just need ...

Quote Originally Posted by OakFF252 View Post
    May I join? Haven't chilled with any gearheads in a loooong time. I would just need an address, or reference of some kind. From what I found I'm just about an hour away.
    Hells yes...come to the DAM:

Croton Gorge Park
    Latitude: 41.2337054
    Longitude: -73.801801

Route 129, Cortlandt, NY
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yea man. Come on down! The more the merrier!
    WARNING: Has Dumb Ideas

Dab of Oppo anyone?

So we are goin with January 5th as the date? I will invite as many people I know who have moddified cars and good attitudes!

EDIT: I will be posting in the facebook group S.L.O.W. (Subaru Love Of Westchester) about the meet. Anyone in the NY-NJ area should join the group on facebook, great group of people with good attitudes and similar interests.
    Hopefully we can get a nice turn-out and maybe make this happen more then once.
    Last edited by Mike193; 12-25-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    So we are goin with January 5th as the date? I will invite as many people I know who have moddified cars and good attitudes!

EDIT: I will be posting in the facebook group S.L.O.W. (Subaru Love Of Westchester) about the meet. Anyone in the NY-NJ area should join the group on facebook, great group of people with good attitudes and similar interests.
    Hopefully we can get a nice turn-out and maybe make this happen more then once.
    Yes, lets go for Saturday January 5th, lower level of Croton Dam at 12 noon
    -MACE-

Okay looks like I'll be joining. Just gotta make sure I have off work. 99% of the time, I do on Saturdays. But the one time I plan something. You guys know the story.

Quote Originally Posted by pmacey View Post
    Yes, lets go for Saturday January 5th, lower level of Croton Dam at 12 noon
    Sounds good. I've been inviting a few friends. So far invited my buddy with a VW GLI (Not really modded, but he's into photography and has some really neat equipment I'm sure we can get some really nice pictures), my buddy with a Ford Raptor, my friend with a 5.0 Mustang with some work done to it, and my buddy johnny with a C6 grand sport. I'm lookin forward to this meet and once we get closer to the weekend I'm going to post in S.L.O.W. (Subaru Love Of Westchester) again and see if we can get a really decent turnout this weekend!

Can I go?

Quote Originally Posted by PalisadesWBL View Post
    Can I go?
    Absolutely.

By the way, I'm going to be heading over from Bergen County area with a group of about 5 cars (as of rite now) if anybody wants to join and cruise over to the Dam with us, shoot me a PM and I'll get in touch!

Lookin forward to meetin up there and hopefully this isn't the last time we do it!

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    Unfortch will have to meet up at dam at a later date, I'm getting my hair done at 12:15 on Jan 5th and YES, that' a priority! I have to keep up appearances with this car!

Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheleileigh Law View Post
    Unfortch will have to meet up at dam at a later date, I'm getting my hair done at 12:15 on Jan 5th and YES, that' a priority! I have to keep up appearances with this car!
    YES...priorities are key!..especially with keeping up with the appearances of a WRX...that being said...hope to see you at our next CROTON DAM meet that I want to schedule in the dead of Winter in February...see you all Saturday January 5th at high noon!
    Last edited by pmacey; 12-30-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    -MACE-

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    Groovy! I'll be thinking of you guys on saturday (and by the way, my hairdresser is a gear-head - she has driven everything from vettes, jeeps, GTOs, broncos, trans ams, etc etc. She currently owns a Prius and bemoans having a 'matronly', albeit crunchy, car)

Can u give instructions as how to get to the lower part of the dam? I come by way of the Anville Circle, bang a right onto bear Mtn Parkway, then onto Croton. I can't rememer the name of the road, but went on the potentially dodgy little road (due to other eejits - everyone else is a potential eejit imo) and over the rickety tin one-lane bridge, hung a left, passed Applebee Farm Road, got to the upper dam and ....! So I did try to get there the last time and it was a fun drive.

Zoomed on Peekskill Hollow Road then onto the Taconic today Really enjoying the short throw (but not too short) shifter! Haven't been on Peekskill Hollow Road since the 1980s and forgot that there are dips that can get you close to airbourne! Man, the wind was rough, still getting used to a lighter vehicle (Jeep Head for 20 years). At night the 'disco lights' (footwell illumination) in blue are really cooooool

I am sooo immature and don't care!

HAPPY NEW YEAR GALS AND GALS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheleileigh Law View Post
    Can u give instructions as how to get to the lower part of the dam? I come by way of the Anville Circle, bang a right onto bear Mtn Parkway, then onto Croton. I can't rememer the name of the road, but went on the potentially dodgy little road (due to other eejits - everyone else is a potential eejit imo) and over the rickety tin one-lane bridge, hung a left, passed Applebee Farm Road, got to the upper dam and ....! So I did try to get there the last time and it was a fun drive.
    The best way from Annsville Circle is to make a left onto Bear Mtn Parkway to 202. Make a left onto 202 and take it to the Taconic South exit. Take Taconic South to the Underhill Ave exit: make a right. Take Underhill to to the bottom and the intersection of RT129, make a right heading towards Croton. Go over the Croton Reservoir. You will then pass the road (closed) to the top of the Croton DAM on your left (on the right will be Batten Road)...just 1/4 mile further down on RT 129 on your left, will be the entrance to Croton Dam (sign will say Croton Gorge Park)...drive into the park and look for a bunch of WRXs

BTW: off of Applebee Farm road is what we call 'Thrill Hill'...hit 30-40MPH over the hill and your WRX will go airborne...all 4 tires off the ground...the faster you go, the higher you go...hope to see you in February
    -MACE-

I used to live right down the road from there and have been to the dam hundreds of times in my life and driven over it thousands of times. It's an incredibly impressive structure and a very cool place to have a meet!

Very few people have heard of it unless you're from that area, yet it's the second largest stone structure in the world (after the pyramids). It's also a tomb to quite a few workers that died during the construction and fell into holes in the structure where their bodies couldn't be recovered.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I used to live right down the road from there and have been to the dam hundreds of times in my life and driven over it thousands of times. It's an incredibly impressive structure and a very cool place to have a meet!

Very few people have heard of it unless you're from that area, yet it's the second largest stone structure in the world (after the pyramids). It's also a tomb to quite a few workers that died during the construction and fell into holes in the structure where their bodies couldn't be recovered.
    wow you just made me 10x more excited to go to this meet.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast