Westchester and Some Random Thoughts About My New 2013 WRX World Rally Blue WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Westchester and Some Random Thoughts About My New 2013 WRX World Rally Blue WRX within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey Fellow Westchester, NY WRX Owners: I live in Northern Westchester and took Delivery of my new 2013 WRX World ...

Westchester and Some Random Thoughts About My New 2013 WRX World Rally Blue WRX

Hey Fellow Westchester, NY WRX Owners:

I live in Northern Westchester and took Delivery of my new 2013 WRX World Rally Blue WRX Premium Sedan, 11/2/12 From Clayton @ Ramsey NJ Subaru
    -I drove around with no front license plate, no reg on the window, and a lamented temp NJ license on the rear, for a couple of weeks, till today

Just Got the NY registration via FedEx
    -I am now a official registered WRX NY driver
    -I kept my classic NY Blue and White Plates and stuck them on the front and back of my World Rally Blue WRX this morning, they look awesome
    -However, thinking what the new NY Yellow Plates would look on my WR Blue WRX...especially if I painted the calipers yellow to match

Sound System: I have the NAV Radio
    -The best sound is turning if off completely, and listening to the sound of my new engine and exhaust breaking in!

Went out today for a quick run in the WRX that had 478 miles, and some damn idiot Garbage truck driver on RT 129 , coming from Croton Dam, served across the yellow line, into my lane, so he could drop off a collector, to empty some garbage cans (Hmm, you think a single finger salute was in order?)
    -Bad driver, just like getting behind a soccer mom in a mini-van trying to navigate down the Bear Mtn Goat Trail to the Annsville Circle

Stopped at Croton Dam this morning to finally capture some pictures (outside/inside) of my new REX!
    -FWIW: I own the CROTON DAM FACEBOOK PAGE...check it out, will post a album there, still having problems here posting a profile pic

Getting cold and late in the season: that being said, any organized Westchester meets of WRX owners still ongoing?

Now on to my favorite subject...Driving our WRX on dirt roads and testing their world renowned Rally attributes and capabilities, my favorite trails:
    -Croton Reservoir Road
    -Sunk Mine Road off of 301 in Fahnestock Park
    -Mt Ninham
    -Besides pounding the ground in your WRX, who likes to get them out there and get them dirty?

-MACE-
    Last edited by pmacey; 11-20-2012 at 10:10 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1803.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	109695The Winged Blue Angel at CROTON DAM today!

Nice car man! I pass by croton dam every day from yorktown to mt kisco to get to work and I've been that reservoir road once.
    2012 DGM WRX Base

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    I've taken my new WRX on the goat path to the Anville Circle and on Route 9 to 301 to 52 ...

It's not a dirt Road, but try Pudding Street off of 301 OR Try 301 to Pudding Street to Peekskill Hollow Road
    Be careful on Pudding Street as it's residential, but challenging ...

You can also try tooling around Harriman Park but watch out for killer deer

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.