Tuning shops near North NJ
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tuning shops near North NJ within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I need suggestions on tuning shops, I'm in Bergen County NJ, but am willing to drive up to 2-3 hours ...

I need suggestions on tuning shops, I'm in Bergen County NJ, but am willing to drive up to 2-3 hours for the best tuner around. Please give me some suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

EFI was going to be my suggestion as well.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Tuning shops near North NJ

What did they do about the tuning situation? Chris died a month or so ago...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

From what I heard, they had another guy who was up and coming and studying under Chris.

Mike, there are a couple other options in NJ...TurboTrix in Woodbridge has a decent rep, though they are known more in the Evo community. And Precision down in Brick, NJ is a well known shop for strictly Subaru. I'd go with Precision personally (and probably will come next Spring when I want a tune).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Yea Brick sounds great. I have a beach house in Chadwick Island. In-between Point Pleasant and Seaside. I could bunk there for however many days it takes for them to tune. I'm going to shoot Precision an email tomorrow when I have free time in school.

hahaha days??? It takes an hour or two for a tune

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    hahaha days??? It takes an hour or two for a tune
    I'm new to the whole modding thing, after all, this is my first car haha. But the reason I said that is because I work over at Radical Motor Sports of New Jersey | Pre-owned Dealer | Ramsey, New Jersey And somebody just traded us the first fully built Evo X. We dropped it at a tuning shop in long island on Wednesday. So maybe the reasoning for us waiting a day or so was because we were too busy to send someone down to go get it.

**(I believe it is actually the first AUTOMATIC fully built Evo X, so please don't go quoting me that I said we have the 'fastest evo' lol I believe it was making roughly 600BHP
    Last edited by Mike193; 09-15-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    I believe it is actually the first AUTOMATIC fully built Evo X, so please don't go quoting me that I said we have the 'fastest evo' lol I believe it was making roughly 600BHP
    I highly doubt that, but you never know. While the MR is a lot harder to get to that power level than the GSR, the chances of the fastest/highest hp one walking through that shop are slip to none. Post up some pics/stats of the car if/when you can! I'd love to see it.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX

I think my tune took 3 hrs

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I will post some pics when i can snap some at work wednesday, if the car is back. And, although we are just a used car dealer, we do get some insane rides, because we are connected with Radical Sports cars. Home - Radical Sportscars

The owner is really into old antique cars, and has some insanely clean old cars. I am going to snap some pics wednesday. They have a 1931 ford model a (I believe thats the year and series, I have only been there a week so I'm just getting to know the place) Anyway, the ford looks like it was built yesterday. also some really neat jaguars.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.