The 25th Victory Meet to be held on 10/6/2012 - Page 17

View Poll Results: What date(s) to hold the 25th Victory Meet?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saturday August 18

7 23.33%
  • Saturday August 25

4 13.33%
  • Saturday September 8

5 16.67%
  • Saturday September 15

9 30.00%
  • Saturday September 29

6 20.00%
  • Saturday October 6

14 46.67%
  • Saturday October 13

14 46.67%
  • Saturday October 20

10 33.33%
  • Saturday October 27

10 33.33%
  • Don't mess with existing polls Bewbs!

9 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

This is a discussion on The 25th Victory Meet to be held on 10/6/2012 within the Tri-State forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; think theyre from allentown area, seen a few of those cars on LVSE and TST...

think theyre from allentown area, seen a few of those cars on LVSE and TST

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

TST sounds about right....

When I had my meets the only people who ever caused problems were the TST guys.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

yep i used to go on there and look at local meets but it would be like 3 people came and with like cavys and honderps..not impressed -_- now i just wait for big ones like the meats on here and the yearly TST one

TST...sigh. Hate that place. It's like Nasoic, but includes all the other ****ty cars out there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    now i just wait for big ones like the meats
    Yeah you do!!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

The 25th Victory Meet to be held on 10/6/2012

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Yea they got there before the group that Bill was leading too. I was right behind Bill on the cruise and I think both him and I did a "wait wut" when we pulled into Victory and saw all them there.
    I hope my buddy and I aren't being lumped in with that group. We were running late and went straight to victory thinking we would be too late for the run. Our fault for thinking it would start right at 11...we were there about an hour and a half before anyone haha...first meet

We saw about 4 or 5 subies pull up and we were like "that's it?"...then everyone else poured in.

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Yeah you do!!
    sorry, i like big meat

Know what's most fun? The part where everyone goes to a BREWERY, DRINKS BEERS, AND THEN DRIVES HOME! C'mon guys...we all had fun, and everyone that went to that meet and drank a couple beers at Victory and then drove home doesn't really have much of a right to complain about safe/unsafe driving habits of anybody but themselves.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kornykidd0 View Post
    Know what's most fun? The part where everyone goes to a BREWERY, DRINKS BEERS, AND THEN DRIVES HOME! C'mon guys...we all had fun, and everyone that went to that meet and drank a couple beers at Victory and then drove home doesn't really have much of a right to complain about safe/unsafe driving habits of anybody but themselves.
    That's entirely not true. There is a legal limit for a reason. Those who abide by the legal limit are not committing any crime. Those who drive without regard for street regulations are not abiding by legal statutes. This behavior may be responsible for the loss of the "Fun Run" in future events. This has been discussed in detail and is NOT up for debate.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I spoke a co-worker who is still in law enforcement today and explained the situation. He advised me to rethink the meets. With the litigious mindset a lot of people seemingly have, all it would take is one example of reckless driving by some ass clowns in the back of the run to potentially put me in a world of legal misery.

Quote Originally Posted by kornykidd0 View Post
    Then host your own meet and you can worry about the reckless attendees who may show up.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

K.

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I spoke a co-worker who is still in law enforcement today and explained the situation. He advised me to rethink the meets. With the litigious mindset a lot of people seemingly have, all it would take is one example of reckless driving by some ass clowns in the back of the run to potentially put me in a world of legal misery. .
    I'd hate to see the runs go but I can't fault you for taking them away. I still like beer (and most of you) so I'll still show up, I might even be able to bring my friend whom get's horrible car sickness and loves beer (she slept both ways to and from Cretin fest over the summer to circumvent all of that)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedphrame View Post
    I'd hate to see the runs go but I can't fault you for taking them away.
    I've made at least a few announcements at the beginning of the fun runs to the effect "play nice or they go away". I'm mulling over a few seemingly good alternatives, but the meets and fun runs as we have known them are over. I'm determined to keep them going as long as you all keep asking for them.

Stay tuned ...
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 10-09-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Fun run or not, I will always be down for a good time, talking shop, viewing cool cars, great food and drink, and most importantly enjoying the camaraderie with my friends and the new people who are about the community (and not the asshats who ruin the fun for everything else).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

mmmm....I was not aware of the shenanigans going on behind me....as I was the 2nd in line in the pack that got lost in the rear of the run, and maybe 6-7th to the last car in total. I was following the Honda Accord since I had no clue where we were going unless I pulled out my GPS, witch I did after I figures we lost you 1/2 way through. Thats the second time in the only 2 years I have attended the meet that the back half got dropped/lost. People need to hang back as to keep in eye shot of the person in front and back of them to help keep it together. Everyone seemed way too close bumper to bumper for safety and not loosing the whole crew IMO ....but w/e I dont particularly see a group of more then 10-12 cars having the ability to say together over twisty windy roads with a few stop signs and cross traffic.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.